What's this year's iPhone lineup going to look like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JohnApples, Jan 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I know, it's early. There's a lot of speculation. There's not really any point in predicting this when we're still so far from release of the 7. But I'm really curious as to what the iPhone lineup will look like this Fall and what everyone's predictions are.

If the rumors of the iPhone"se" are true, then we will have 3 new iPhones this year. Because of this, there are lots of possibilities as to what model(s) will be discontinued and which remain in the lineup.

For example, will the "SE" replace the 5s, causing the 6/6Plus to be discontinued? Thus causing the lineup to look like:

iPhone 7 Plus - $750
    iPhone 7 - $650
    iPhone 6S Plus - $650
    iPhone 6 - $550
    iPhone #SE - $450? $500?

But there's so many potential scenarios. Will the SE replace the 6S line instead? Will the 5S still be sold as the low-end and the 6 line discontinued? Will there be no SE phone at all? Will NO phones be discontinued and there be a convoluted mess of a lineup?

Really curious to know everyone's thoughts, as this will definitely be a unique iPhone lineup regardless of what happens.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting..."not really any point in predicting" followed by "curious ... what everyone's predictions are".

3. JohnApples thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't see the problem here. I'm acknowledging that in the grand scheme of things, there is no point in predicting, because we all get our answer in the Fall anyway.

But this is a rumors site, and as such, I am curious to know what others' predictions are regardless of whether it is entirely relevant or not.

Just trying to start a friendly discussion. If you have no interest, you need not participate.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Simply kind of jumped out at me as what seemed like an interesting contradiction (at least based on the original wording) going from one sentence to the next as I was reading the post.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Are these guessed prices for the 16GB models?

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I think by the end of 2016, the line will look like this:
    -iPhone 7 Plus
    -iPhone 7
    -iPhone 6s Plus
    -iPhone 6s
    -iPhone 5se

I also think Apple will drop Gold and Rose Gold from the 6s/+and keep it exclusively on the 7.

7. JohnApples thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, just the starting/base model prices.

I think this may be the most likely lineup. Though, if the SE turns out to be a false rumor, I imagine that the 6 will take it's place, with the 6Plus being dropped completely. I also agree about the gold/rose gold colors.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I am betting the SE is for real. So you are thinking that Apple will be raising the prices on the iPhone for the 7 series? I am thinking they will too.

9. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

It'll look like it does now with a new flagship and plus model. And also a new entry level model with the 6 and 6 plus discontinued

10. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I doubt they will raise prices honestly. The iPhone is already one of the most expensive phones out there and I doubt they could get away with charging any more. I'd be inclined to believe that we'll see a price decrease before an increase.

11. JohnApples thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed. Especially now that contracts are almost completely gone and the "true price" of the iPhone is more prominent, I highly doubt they would want to raise it now.

I think you're mistaken, Newtons Apple. I believe the prices I predicted in my OP are the current prices, right?

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

I don't care about its looks, if Apple continues to deliver a substandard product that isn't as good as what they're capable of, they may encounter the slap of reality. Sales may continue to be soft and slower than a record setting pace. All the hype in the world can't help them at that point.

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I think the line up will look like this.

iPhone 7 Plus - $750
    iPhone 7 - $650
    iPhone 6s - $550
    iPhone 5se- $450

On a side note I absolutely hate the name iPhone 5se and would prefer it not to be released if that's the name it's gonna take on.