What's with all the double orders?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by telemon, Mar 23, 2011.

1. telemon macrumors newbie

Is everyone out there really using two iPads or are they simply taking advantage of the current demand in order to scalp/re-selling via eBay, etc.?

It would seem to me, that if indeed only buying an additional to turn right around and try and re-sell/scalpers for a profit, these nice folks are only helping to add to the current delay in "legitimate" consumers obtaining iPads.....

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of waiting....I say...I hope it ends up costing you to play the game....bitter yes...do I care? No.....wanting my new iPad...yes....

2. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

Not sure about everyone else but I got one for myself and one for my husband. I don't believe in trying to rip people off. :(

3. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

People actually haves spouses you know. I could have not bought an iPad 2 for my myself without buying one for my wife. I would be in the dog house :)

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

How much did you charge your husband for it?

5. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i wanted two , but bestbuy didn't sell me two on launch day ... and now cant find another one :(

6. mwjd299 macrumors regular

I ordered an iPad 2 but won't get it for another month, so I looked around for another planning to cancel the original order or sell. I picked one up yesterday and will keep it. My wife & I will each have our own. We had a conflict with the iPod touch and with the short battery life it was always charging. She wants to read books with hers so if we only had one there would be another conflict.

7. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I'm all about ripping people off, but I got two because my wife wanted one as well.

And before you ask how much I made her pay for it, "Not enough"

8. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

The sheer number of stories being told about huge scalper lines is telling AS is the number of posters here saying they bought extras to sell online

Granted, even if no scalpers existed, this delay would still exist as they are weeks back

But yes, I do think a good number would have gotten their iPads already if scumbags hadnt taken them strictly to make a few bucks online. Yes, I know, it is legal.

9. stringbeanie macrumors 6502

@Diamondmac, yes it is legal but definitely not ethical. I agree with you all the way.

10. 482214 macrumors 6502

Has this been said a million times... Yes... A waste of a thread... Yes

Boring... YES!!!

Get over it already... You should have got in before all these other people!

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

+1 but I got one for myself and one for WIFE. And YES I had the chance to buy several more but did not.

12. Foggy macrumors 6502a

I'll be buying 1 for me and 1 for my wife too. No point having both of us waste our time sitting in a queue.

13. geko29 macrumors 6502

I'm the Registered Agent for my company's developer account (we have two iOS apps in the App Store), so I placed two orders on the morning of the 11th: One for two white 16GB GSMs, one for two black 16GB GSMs. I would have gotten both on one order had Apple let me, but there was the two per transaction limit, so I split them up. These are going to my boss, the CTO, the VP of Product and one of his employees; they all went on the company credit card, and each one is replacing an existing iPad 1.

Then, because I want one for myself, I placed a third order on Sunday after striking out at local Apple stores, for one black 64GB GSM.

So at least in my case, three orders for five units (with probably more to come), no scalping going on.

14. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I've bought 4. The first one I got on launch day after standing in line at Best Buy for a couple of hours. That one ended up going to my brother after I ordered a 3G one from AT&T that first Sunday after launch. Then, my reservation at another Best Buy came in & my brother-in-law wanted it so I picked it up for him & while I was there they had a 3G available that I picked up for a friend. I bought 3 iPad 2's from Best Buy that all went to family/friend & I got the reward zone points & the family/friend of course paid me back (retail plus tax, nothing extra). It wasn't planned for me to buy that many, it just worked out that way & we're all happy.