whats worse, in your opinion: cigars or cigarettes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by brendanryder, Jul 8, 2008.

?

What is worse for you? cigarettes or cigars?

1. I dont smoke; I think cigarettes are the worst

43 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. I dont smoke; I think cigars are the worst

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. I smoke cigarettes; I think cigarettes are the worst

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. I smoke cigarettes; I think cigars are the worst

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  5. I smoke cigars;I think cigarettes are the worst

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. I smoke cigars; I think cigars are the worst

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

what is worse for your body? cigarettes, or cigars? and why do you think ______ is worse for you???
    Have a nice day :D

2. Mastershake0219 macrumors newbie

I think it just depends on what you want, lung cancer (or lung related issues) or cancer in you mouth (or mouth related issues). Mainly because cigars are not traditionally inhaled (but can be). For me cigarettes would probably be more life threatning.

3. djellison macrumors 68020

Where's the option for ' They're both utterly disgusting lung-cancer causing abominations that invade the lungs of nearby non-smokers causing physiological damage'

Doug

4. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah. So-called second hand smoke is nothing compared to the emissions of a ten or twelve year old car. Or your lawnmower, weed eater and gasoline blower!

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

None of which you intentionally run inside of a car or in a living room. Duh.

6. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

How about I smoke both, and both have the potential to cause life threatening disease?

7. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I don't smoke and I think they're both disgusting. However, if I had to be around either, I'd choose the cigars because usually they have a sort of 'sweetness' to the smell, compared to cigarettes at least. Either that or those 'cloves' or whatever those are called. Regular cigarettes are just plain nasty.

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Well suicides have happened that way, but I guess that's your point! ;)

For me I don't really like either, though I am guilty of having a cigar now and then, but it's been a couple of years. I guess with the options available I'd choose cigarette smoke to be the worst. I recall making out with this girl who was a smoker, and after our encounter I felt sick to my stomach...all I could taste was cigarettes. I didn't see her again even though she was cute I was very single at the time. :eek:

9. FDX macrumors regular

no choice for pipe smoking, if I were to give myself cancer I would choose the pipe.

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If you keep the tar filter clean, I might agree with you.

I personally don't smoke, never have past the "OMG taste", at age 12.

Hard to choose between lung cancer (cigarettes) and mouth/throat cancer (usually cigars/pipe, but not entirely). I've seen them all.

Maybe better the quick death of cigarettes, with lung cancer migrating to the brain or other organs.

Feeding tubes and trach tubes are definitely no fun, for sure.

11. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

A cigar and pipe should be the same. I'm talking about the non-filtered cig. You get all the tar, poisons, chemicals, whatever is in it. Cigarettes, are still bad for the smoker, and worse for those around them, as they get the unfiltered second hand smoke.

12. BigPrince macrumors 68020

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You are not alone.

As a non-smoker, have you ever kissed someone of the opposite sex, or the same sex for you gays, that smoked??

Gross does not even come close to describing it.

14. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Kissing an ash tray is never a good thing. And you can tell even though they might use mouthwash to hide it. :eek:

15. BigPrince macrumors 68020

no, and I don't plan too. I usually do not become friends with people who smoke to get that chance lol. I do not care if a person is the most attractive person in the world. If they smoke they are not even on the list to be considered for anything.

16. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Both are bad. Why isn't there an option for that? ;)

17. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I agree with a lot here. I don't like smoking (though I have, 3/4 of a mint cigarette while I was drunk...wasn't tasty), so I place them equally.

18. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

ya i fully agree. cigarettes are so nasty and they smell horrible, some worst than others. at least cigars smell somewhat okay, especially if there flavored then they smell sweet.

i dislike people who smoke more than 1 cigar/cigarette a day. cus i guess 1 is okay its better than like a whole pack.

i know :p they are both "worst" for your body but usually if someone smoke cigaretts they think cigars are the worst and vise-versa.

19. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

It's like asking what's worse? A shot in the back of the head or a shot in the forehead? ;)

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Don't really think there's been much of a link established between lung cancer and any of those things. Cigarette smoking on the other hand...

21. zebraman macrumors member

22. brendanryder thread starter macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

haha so true:p

23. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

both of them, it's a disgusting unnecessary "addiction", very annoying when other people smoke around you when you dont smoke, it just stinks...

24. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Cigs smell worse IMO, I ****ing despise tobacco full stop though.

Gayer reporting here; two of my spouses smoke occasionally and I absolutely despise it, I wont' go near them unless they wash the smell off *completely*

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So very very true. I also try to avoid smokers, I've got a sensitive throat and smoke really plays hell with it. In some cases I can't eat solid foods so I just avoid smokers altogether really. Smoking just makes folk ugly.

I've never kissed a smoker and have no intentions of doing so but going off the smokers breath smell alone I'd probably hurl.

-
    So anyways. I was always told that cigars aren't too bad for you since you don't inhale smoke, but then again they can also cause mouth cancer. It's crazy that both these products cause such destructive cancers, never really understood the smokers mentality. Is anything really worth them diseases?