Whats wrong with my computer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mitchell112694, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Mitchell112694 macrumors newbie

here are my specs:

MacBook Pro Retina
    2.7GHZ processor
    16GB memory
    512GB Flash Storage
    OSX 10.8.2 (most recent)

well for some reason it is taking my computer forever to load webpages and i have cleaned everything even rested safari, also i downloaded chrome and it still takes just as long to to load web pages, i also cant even load HD youtube videos anymore. i have called Comcast and they say everything checks out ok and i went to speedtest.net and i still am reading 30Mbps download speed

any ideas on what to do? or if i back up my computer via time machine and i reinstall OSX on my computer as a last resort will that fix my issue?

let me know, thanks!

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Safari or Chrome? If Safari, try using Chrome and see if results are the same. Otherwise, make an appointment at Apple.

3. Mitchell112694 thread starter macrumors newbie

its both no matter what i use the results are the same

4. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I wonder if you have WiFi performance problems that some people have (me included). If you have an ethernet adapter, do web pages load fast when directly connected to your router?

Also, have you tried other wireless networks? I only had a problem on my home network on my 5 GHz band. Once I only used my 2.4 GHz band, it worked fine. You have to give the different radios different SSIDs to test. This all assumes you even have a dual band router. And are using wireless.

5. Mitchell112694 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes I'm using wireless and i will try my 5Ghz I've always used 2.4Ghz. unfortunately i cant try ethernet due to the fact of not owning the adapter.