What's wrong witht the Might MOUSE>??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hadi, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Hadi macrumors member

My new MBP is coming in the mail. and since it's my first Mac I wanted to go all apple. but I see a lot of people giving negative feed back about the Wireless mouse?

I'm getting the wireless keyboard as well.

2. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

personally i love the mighty mouse.. when it works.

the scroll ball is a vacuum when it comes to dust and such. My home has a lot of dust.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Its personal opinion. I don't have one at the moment, but I had one for about a year and loved it. I'm planning to buy a new one for my new MBP, too.

So don't worry, get it, try it, if you don't like it, return it.

4. Hadi thread starter macrumors member

cool cause they have some refurbished online I was thinking may be I should get one.
    i think i will

5. MacGotMe macrumors newbie

I had the same dilemma... I recently converted from PC to a new MacBook Pro and I was very leery of buying an apple one-button mighty mouse, but after playing with one at the Apple store and seeing that it has pressure sensitivity for left and right clicks, I decided to go with the mighty mouse. Love it thus far... no problems at all.

6. Animalk macrumors 6502

I personally love the mighty mouse. I have small hands and like low profile mice. Also, the laser/optical censor (i forget which it has) is placed close to the very front of the mouse which i find is optimal given how our wrists rotate.

I only have one problem with the mighty mouse, and it can be a deal breaker for many: It cannot register pushing both right and left buttons at the same time. It will take it as a left-click. For a majority of World of Warcraft players, that's an instant deal breaker.

Other then that, I love it.

7. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

It's an awesome mouse! It was a bit tricky to learn how to game with it, but once you learn there's no going back imo...

8. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

i love mine. the only fault i have with it is the fact that eats batteries pretty quick. other than that, it's an awesome mouse for daily use.

9. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I love my Mighty Mouse! I too had some concern about it went I first started using my new iMac in January--but I stuck with it and really, I'd hate to use anything else now. I clean that little ball a few times a week--I just give it a quick swipe from the little black cloth that came with my iMac. That seems to be all it takes--I also use a damp cloth every once in awhile. Of course, I am a bit of a neat freak so--take note that MM mileage may vary. :)

10. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

The scroll ball gets clogged easy.

Stop watching Pr0n.

11. kolax macrumors G3

It is very uncomfortable I find.

The Logitech MX Revolution is extremely comfortable and accurate. I own a wireless Mighty Mouse and I hate it. The MX Revolution is luxurious compared to it.

[​IMG]

12. Atomic Ed macrumors regular

I really like it overall, my only complaint it is the low tracking resolution compared to a mouse in Windows. It seems to be really low and is kind of laggy feeling. I heard there are third part drivers to improve tracking and it may be a thing in the OSX and not the mouse itself. Anyway I think it is called steer mouse or something like that.

Overall it is a cool mouse.

13. cube macrumors G5

Try clicking the middle button, more than one button at the same time, or leaving your left finger making contact and right-clicking.

14. wakeborder556 macrumors regular

This is what i use with my MBP...its amazing. Battery also lasts forever.

15. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

Yours eats battery?? Wow...mine lasts ages on one set (2 months? maybe more...)

16. snaky69 macrumors 603

Same here, I've had mine for 4 months and I'm still reading 100% on the batteries and it gets used daily.

17. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Use lithium batteries; they will last you a long time.

18. Hadi thread starter macrumors member

so from what I understand it's not chargeable!! hummm how quick do u go through batteries?

Question: Any music producers bought the mini wireless keyboard? and did u find any difficulties not having the numbers on the side and all that!!!

19. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

One of the things you may find a better experience with the Macs, is the trackpad. The new gestures feature will make you forget about the need for a mouse, unless you need it to play certain games.
    With my old MacBook the two finger scroll is better than any mouse I ever used.

20. Hadi thread starter macrumors member

that I find very accurate. but the reason i bought my MBP is music production and I find it a little difficult to only use the trackpad

21. iTurbo macrumors member

I hate the Mighty Mouse and will not buy another. Like others have said, it's awesome when it works! But then you get dirt and debris in the tiny scroll ball and it doesn't scroll correctly anymore and drives you insane. I bought the Kensington Pocket Mouse and I like it waaaay better and it's only $15!

22. dkeninitz macrumors regular

The wireless Mighty Mouse is great in theory and lousy in practice. The scroll ball gets dirty in a very short time, and since you can't remove it for cleaning, it's pretty much done at that point. Yeah, Apple (and others) talking about spraying with compressed air, and wiping the ball down, but those are pretty much useless in my experience. If you recall the old ball-style mice from the pre-optical days, then you probably remember how much gunk would accumulate inside the ball well, and how it could only be cleaned by removing the ball and then scraping with a toothpick and cotton swab. I've wasted money on two MM's so far, and won't be buying another until Apple solves this problem. With my MBP I now use a Logitech VX Nano notebook mouse. The USB wireless receiver is tiny - only projects about a 1/4" from the USB slot, and the mouse is great: excellent feel, accurate, and highly customizable.

23. Hadi thread starter macrumors member

COOOOOL!!!
    I self my self going for a small tiny Logtic Mouse! I just luv the Bluetooth feature so i dont have to have extra things with the mouse for wireless connectivity

24. KilljoyPBN macrumors regular

I had a weird problem with my wireless mighty mouse.

When I first got it I was using a laser mouse pad and it was working fine. Then about 5-10 minutes in using it, it was acting like it couldn't see it was moving. it wasn't tracking properly. Like if you put a piece of paper over the laser. So I moved it to the bare wood desk and it worked again for a little while but then it wouldn't work either. I tried blowing out the laser thing but nothing seemed to work. I returned it earlier today.

As far as I have seen I maybe the only one that has had this happen because I tried searching the internet for solutions but no one else had had that happen...

25. valvehead macrumors regular

My sentiments exactly. Another happy MX Revolution and VX Nano owner here.