Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your biggest preordering concern?

• I don't have any concerns, it's going to happen no matter what.

Votes: 24 22.4%
  • You don't get the approval from your spouse, parent, or significant other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • You won't get the color you want.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • You won't get the capacity you want.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Your credit card or debit card won't authorize the charge.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • You find out your not really eligible for the right price.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • You don't get paid or properly funded tomorrow.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • It will be sold out by the time you preorder.

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • The Apple Store website will be overloaded.

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • You got on the wrong queue or place to preorder.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

BeyondtheTech

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Admit it. You're excited and you're still not going to receive it for a week and a half. But, in the back of your mind, you've got this gnawing concern, don't you? With so many variables at play, something could go wrong...

NYY FaN

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
New York
I need to order 2 iphones for 2 eligible lines and I need them shipped to LA where I will be visiting family.. concerns up the *** for me

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
My concern is that preorders on apple online are taken before 10am EST because after that I won't be home to order it!

JayDude132

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
that i wont be holding an iphone in my hands on the 24th. I better be! I dont know if i should go the route of getting it shipped to my house or ordering from Radio Shack. RS seemed like a good deal until now, they are all saying they are unsure if they will DEFINITELY be there on the 24th now or not. And i dont want to risk not being home when FedEx arrives at my house though...

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
I'm pre-ordering, getting up at 8 AM, and going downstairs at 8:30. Then I will wait until however long it takes for the FedEx guy to come.

While most people will be camping out at the Apple Store, I'll be camping out in my living room.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
I actually want the white one this time and apparently there won't be any. I'll have to decide at the time what to do. It's not that I don't like the black model, it's just I'd like to switch it up after two black phones.

Kyliec89

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
I am concerned that I wont be able to use the 250 dollar gift card I got as a gift to buy the iPhone with. Well meaning girlfriend didn't know it wouldn't be easier to use cash.

Goaliegeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2009
Colorado
Thing I'm worried about is if I am able to buy unsubsidized. I have a little less than a year left on my current AT&T contract and don't want to renew. I'm happy with paying full blow $599, but when I did a 'test buy' with a 3GS (went through the ordering process but didn't actually buy) for grins, there wasn't an option for full price. just upgrade options. Any ideas?

billy3785

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2008
NYC
my concern is honestly picking the right way to preorder.

if i go through apple i will have to wait in lines til who knows when starting god knows how early.

i cant have it shipped because i go into work at 1pm, plus fedex doesnt deliver to my apartment door, they deliver to our concierge who takes their sweet time getting us packages

picking up at the att store means i have to wait til friday.

so i am leaning with just dealing with the apple store

MnkyPwz

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2009
Just curious, for all those concerned about not being home when FedEx arrives. Why not simply do the pre-sign option. I did this with my Mac Pro last year and it worked great. Simply print the sheet sign it, tape it to your door, and Viola.

Now of course this option should be avoided if you live in an apartment building or the like, but otherwise you should be ok.

Ramphex

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
USA/PA
my biggest concern is that I'll fall asleep before the genius apple web-designers that get paid like 100k a year will update the store.

Figbash Acrobat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2009
Alphaville
I am concerned that I wont be able to use the 250 dollar gift card I got as a gift to buy the iPhone with. Well meaning girlfriend didn't know it wouldn't be easier to use cash.

I would be too. Happened with me iPad. But I finally got the manager to refund the gift card (in ca$h) and then used my credit card to pay. Was angry, then sad, then happy! Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.