Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I believe that your attempt at humor is some kind of swipe at Apple or the iPhone 4. If so you'll have to explain it as your statement has passed over my head.

I take my iPhone 4 where ever I want including on my little sailboat, and make and receive phone calls, send and receive e-mails, and data etc. It is totally portable and awesomely usable.

mikemanblah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2009
I believe that your attempt at humor is some kind of swipe at Apple or the iPhone 4. If so you'll have to explain it as your statement has passed over my head.

I take my iPhone 4 where ever I want including on my little sailboat, and make and receive phone calls, send and receive e-mails, and data etc. It is totally portable and awesomely usable.

Uhh, no. I love my iphone 4, but we all know it's not that durable.

PerfSeeker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Motorola V330 is a very durable phone. You can drop it and nothing will happen. That clamshell is bulletproof. :apple:

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Robustness: the Forgotten Factor

Published by Steve Litchfield at 14:08 GMT, December 6th 2008

Specifications are often king when comparing mobile phones, especially smartphones, but what about that other forgotten factor? What about how robust a device is? Read on....

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/Robustness_the_Forgotten_Factor.php (view for pix)

__

^^^ Luckily, my Nokia N82 never had the same experience.

Of the dozens of phones I have owned before, only my Sanyo 5500 and N82 never dealt with multiple drops on concrete. The only two lucky ones that remained scratch-free after my contract was over. I hope my iPhone 4 shares the same fate as those two. And for anyone who likes the iPhone platform, use the 2G as a back-up. I personally wasn't in love with that phone because of its constant Safari crashes and reboots, but it could make a good back-up. The original iPhone was the most durable among all the iPhones.

Breaking Nokia phones on purpose - Nokia Test Center (short version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfelTEDDl8U

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.