What's your favorite carbonated beverage?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Nov 16, 2011.

1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Coke, Soda, Pop, the fizzy stuff, or whatever you call it, tell us what your favorite carbonated beverage is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm a pretty simple Coca Cola guy. Sure I'll sometimes go with Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper, but most often I stick with the original Coca Cola Classic.

[​IMG]

How about you?

2. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

I agree. Coke wins hands down.

With that being said, I stopped drinking it because its sooooo bad for me.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Gave up soda two years ago. Order it out once in a while. I drink flavored seltzers. They're quite good and go on sale often at 3 bottles (liter) for a buck.

4. szolr macrumors 6502

Same tbh.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

6. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Same here, though I do change up with Coke Zero sometimes if it is on sale. It's funny how the diet drinks sneak up on you. I always used to make fun of diet sodas. Then you live with someone who drinks them all the time. You go to the fridge, and the diet drinks are all that's left, so you grab one and choke it down. The next thing you know, you find yourself voluntarily buying and drinking them.

I still can't stand most other diet drinks, though. Especially Diet Coke. My limit is basically Diet Dr. Pepper, Coke Zero, and Diet Sunkist. I also like Mexican Coke, IBC root beer, and Dublin Dr. Pepper (look it up :)).

7. mscriv thread starter macrumors 601

mscriv

Is seltzer better than soda in terms of health? Less sugar? I know my soda habit isn't healthy, but I just haven't been able to quit yet. I bet if I did I would drop 20 lbs. :eek:

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

9. imotionb18 macrumors member

It's a toss up between coke, rc, and pepsi. I quit drinking sodas a while back though.

10. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

No kidding

I only drink diet stuff. Used to never be able to drink a diet coke and now I will never drink a regular coke as too syrupy

However, I am hooked on energy drinks...the diet kind. Energy drinks make soda taste like water to me!

I have tried to quit buuuuut I get caffeine heacaches

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Diet Coke. I swear, they put heroin in that stuff. It's so addictive.

12. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I need to find a bottle of that Dr. Pepper TEN. I have a coupon for a free bottle of it.

Otherwise regular Dr. Depper or Ginger Ale.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I stopped drinking tonic years ago - empty calories. There's enough evidence to indicate that High Fructose Corn Syrup is not good for you and artificial sweeteners found in Diet colas could be worse for you.

14. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I try to drink Coke Zero when it's available, but when I find myself with a huge thirst, there's really nothing that refreshes it more than an ice cold Coca Cola. Mmmmmmm!

15. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I have been saying that for years. The people I know who drink Diet Coke tend to drink LOTS of it. I used to work with a guy who kept this giant gas-station mug filled up with it all day. You know, the mugs with a cap and straw that hold about 64oz or so. He could fit the better part of a 2 liter in that mug, and he kept it full all day. He would routinely drink two 2 liters a day just at work. We used to joke that when they had blood drives at work, he wasn't allowed to donate because they couldn't get any blood from him, just Diet Coke.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

It's just carbonated water and natural flavorings. No sugar, no calories.

17. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

If you put it in one of those handy bottles, it is also handy for squirting people in the face for comic relief.

18. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Pepsi Max is about the only "soda" type drink I have now

19. greganpace macrumors regular

Mountain Dew Throwbacks are the best. All natural sugar. My wife drinks Diet Coke and I can not stand cola drinks. I think it is because my mom used to give us cola syrup as a kid when we had an upset stomach. I don't understand why it tastes good. I have always wondered if it is a psychological/habit thing because most people drink it...

20. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Once upon a time, mine were Mountain Dew and its related flavors (Diet, Code Red, etc.). However, as I'm trying to cut back on caffeine, I drink mostly water and herbal/green teas, with the occasional Coke Zero or Sprite Zero or cup of Caribou Coffee Obsidian from my Keurig when I need a real wake-up jolt.

One other carbonated beverage I enjoy on rare occasion: Banfi Rosa Regale, a festive Italian dessert sparkler with a color that looks great on a holiday dinner table.
    [​IMG]

21. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

I like almost all sodas except regular Mountain Dew. Some of it's different flavors are okay. But if I had to pick a favorite, it'd be Mug root beer.

22. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Coke zero ftw.

I pretty much love all soda except root beer. Even the smell of root beer makes me want to puke.

23. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

The original, the best - Coca-Cola classic. You can't beat the taste :)

24. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Sugar (Mexican, international, any country without HFCS) Coke

It's 10x better with Captain Morgan in it...