Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
Manchego and a nice Spanish red. Also Humboldt Fog-"Our signature offering, Humboldt Fog® is an elegant, soft, surface ripened cheese. The texture is creamy and luscious with a subtle tangy flavor. Each handcrafted wheel features a ribbon of edible vegetable ash along its center and a coating of ash under its exterior to give it a distinctive, cake-like appearance. An American Original!"

teleromeo

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2006
kidnapped by aliens
I like almost anything except goat cheeses wich taste awfull imho.

Gouda, Brie, Camembert, Feta, Roquefort, Old Bruges or Amsterdam, Emmenthal, Gruyère, ...
I also fancy a nice fondue or raclette.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Gouda! Imported from Holland.

There is a little Dutch specialty store about 30 minutes from my house where you can get the 1/4 wheel of gouda cheese, it's super.

I discovered Gouda a few years ago at Uni, and it's definitely the best cheese I've ever had. I kinda lived off it for a little too.... memories

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
Has anybody tried Hooks 7 or 10 year cheddar? They are both excellent, the 10 year is so sharp that it feels like the moisture on your tongue is evaporating. Very intense and very good cheese.

AdamLikesMusic

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2009
Overall, I have to go with Cheddar.

Havarti and Swiss are pretty good as well. Turkey and Havarti sandwich, and I'm in heaven.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.