What's your favorite mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JHNguyen, Feb 15, 2008.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

What's your favorite mouse?

Right now, I'm using a little microsoft usb notebook wireless mouse.. with the USB dongle. I have two of them for each of my computers and I like them a lot. Though, I keep reading about logitech mice and there customizable buttons and it'd be nice to have. Though, I'm not sure if I would use the extra buttons..

2. dborja macrumors 6502a

I just got a Logitech V220 (RF with USB dongle) for my iBook and a Logitech V470 (Bluetooth - white shell) for my iMac. Before today I was using the trackpad on the iBook and a Logitech L5 on the iMac.

I do like them both. They have side scroll wheels and they can be customized with the "control center" software; I left everything at default except for the wheel click, which I customized to act like <F9>. My only complaint is that the V220 dongle is a bit on the big side so it noticeably sticks out of the iBook.

Hope that helps...

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I use a Sony Vaio BT mouse with a Razer ExactMat nice and smooth :D

4. Buttercookie macrumors member

I know I'm rare but I actually like my mighty mouse.

5. plumpan macrumors regular

i use this at home

sony_bluetooth_mouse1.jpg

and this with my mbp when im on the road

sony_usb_mouse.jpg

love them both :eek:

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

[​IMG]

The Apple Pro Mouse.

And I've got a few spare ones... the Mighty Mouse is nothing of the sort. Robust one-button mice are ideal for those who use their Mac for work primarily by keyboard shortcut.

7. bartelby macrumors Core

I think the Pro mouse is the best mouse Apple have ever made, with the original BT mouse a close second. I use a MM now and have got too used to right clicking and scrolling about to change back. The MM feels cheap and nasty compared to the Pro.

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I never got on with that mouse but not because it only had one button. I'd got so used to having a scroll wheel that any mouse without it just infuriated me.

I'm using a Logitech cordless optical mouse that I've had since I switched to the Mac. I've had it 4 years now and have never thought about changing it so I suppose that is my favourite mouse :)

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Scrolling web pages? I don't use scrolling at work (design) which affects how I use my Macs everywhere. I use shortcuts for page grabbing instead. My left hand is constantly on my keyboard and many shortcuts I can do with my eyes closed; a handy skill for a designer. ;)

10. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Logitech G9... and I LOVE it.

I had a BT MM, and absolutely HATED it. What a piece of garbage that thing is.

New mouse:

[​IMG]

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have been using a Logitech MX1000 for quite some time and love it. It comes with a Recharging Station, so when the charge is running low, you pop it on there overnight, then it's good to go for the next 2 weeks or so.

12. catfish743 macrumors 6502

catfish743

I want to eventually get a Roll-Ball mouse but for now my mighty mouse works just fine.

13. blackbelt macrumors regular

the logitech MX is amazing!!! Has no problems with it so far (I have had the new model for about 6 months)

14. ascender macrumors 68000

Used to be the Microsoft Explorer, now its the Mighty Mouse although only when used with Steermouse. Tried the Logitech MX, but it feels quite lightweight when compared to the MM.

15. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

16. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Logitech VX Nano. Recently replaced my wireless Mighty Mouse with the VX Nano and I couldn't be happier. I love the ability to switch the scroll wheel from ratcheting to freewheel! Plus, it's much more comfortable than the Mighty Mouse.

17. avigalante macrumors 6502

avigalante

I used my Logitech MX 1000 up until recently - great mouse. However, I just upgraded to the MX Revolution and absolutely am in love.

Logitech makes great mice.

18. tony-in-japan macrumors regular

Why is Apple crap at making mice???

Ugghh, that mouse brings back bad memories of arm strain. The plastic transparent material was the same as what they use for police shields. It is very dense plastic and was not good to grip for long periods. Another product from Apple where what looked good superseded what was functional for the user. Just like that Apple ‘puck’ mouse.

Anyway, I am now using the same mouse as the OP (microsoft usb notebook wireless mouse.. with the USB dongle) which is great, but I don’t like having to use a dongle.

My next mouse is going to be the Logitech Bluetooth (electric blue). Looks promising.

19. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

I love the Mighty Mouse, but wish two things were changed:

1. A back button -- how in the world could a mouse be created in an era of back buttons and not include one? It makes web surfing much, much easier and user friendly;

2. Bigger scrolling ball -- so the scrolling ball doesn't get clogged with dirt/grime.

Apple really needs to update its Mighty Mouse to make it more user friendly.

Here's hoping Mighty Mouse 2.0 will be out soon enough!

20. gotzero macrumors 68040

Logitech MX400. I do not like wireless peripherals as I feel they are still not mature.

I love the simple design and feel of this mouse along with the extra functions.

21. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

I love the Logitech MX510 (I think?) that came with the S530 desktop set. I just wish a wired version was available.

I love the two side buttons which I use for Spaces and Expose, as well as the volume buttons right under my index finger.

22. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

Logitech MX1000 gets my vote... Unfortunately, mine is almost 3 years old, and has been used HEAVILY...the battery doesn't hold a charge nearly as long, & the middle click button must be pressed in very hard to work. It's next to impossible (at least for me) to find them available anywhere reputable. Guess I'm gonna have to get a new mouse soon.:(

Unfortunately, the MX Revolution is out for me as I need something that I can use w/ my left hand (yes, I use the MX1000 left handed...it actually feels quite natural, believe it or not). The Revolution clearly is for righty use only. I have no clue what mouse to get now.

23. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Logitech MX500. Durable, cheap, and 8 buttons!

24. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Logitech MX620

wireless version of my favourite wired mouse, Logitech MX400 :D