Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's your favorite rMB color?

• Total voters

emilioestevez

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
retina-macbook-overview_colors_large.jpg

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2015
I bought gold, but i think its the lesst fav color. Thats why the gold base units are being discounted. I paid $1149. Amazon now has them for $1199. By xmas i foresee $1099. And when version2 comes along bse for $999.

wchigo

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2015
1) Grey
2) Gold
3) Silver

Silver is basically the same colour as the MacBook lines have always been, so due to its sameyness I would put it at the bottom myself. Grey looks the sleekest to me (stealth baby!) and that's why it is my favourite and also the one that I bought.:)

intervenient

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I love the gold, which is surprising because I think in 99.99% of cases, gold looks tacky.

However, I would probably still go with Grey.

Reactions: ZhenyaF

Theozz

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2015
France
1) Grey
2) Gold
3) Silver

Silver is basically the same colour as the MacBook lines have always been, so due to its sameyness I would put it at the bottom myself. Grey looks the sleekest to me (stealth baby!) and that's why it is my favourite and also the one that I bought.:)

Same answer here :)

However, I would probably still go with Grey.

I get the impression that almost everyone took the Grey Macbook (I know I did) so if you want to pop up, take another color, or you don't care because D.A.M.N, Space grey is magnificent :p

Reactions: wchigo

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Grey looks really nice but I'd probably go silver. I just don't think you can beat the classic look, with contrasting body and keys/bezels.

Personally, I think the gold isn't great, but at least we have different options now! Wonder if we'll get rose gold MacBooks next year if we get rose gold iPhones next month?

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Silver.
Firstly, it's the classic Apple laptop colour (well, since the PowerBook G4 anyway) and there's a reason for that. It simply looks good, professional and stylish without being over the top. The gold, for me, is still too much bling for a laptop that I use for work purposes.

As for the grey? Meh. I wish it was black, then I would be more sold. I really don't like this middling colour Apple have going on.

Reactions: zlogs

CatBookPro

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Salem, MA
I bought the gold MacBook and iPad Mini... but I have a silver iPhone 6. The way I see it - I always have a case on my iPhone 6, mostly because it's pretty fugly without one... the whole lines/antenna thing isn't the best aesthetic design they've had over the years... but that's just my opinion.

People may complain about the iPhone 4s design, but that sucker was one of the coolest designs for the iPhone series. Think about it... 10 years prior, did you every think you'd be talking on a glass motherf-ing phone? A glass phone... That still blows my mind years later.

Edit: Sorry about the glass motherf-ing phone tangent ;-)

Mortis360

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2013
Norway
I do think the Space Grey is the better looking color, but I got an silver one since the grey were nowhere to get hold of, except from the Apple Online Store with 2 - 3 weeks delivery time.

Reactions: ixxx69

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Well a Starbucks of course, where all would be trophy wifes hang out waiting for legends with apple
Gear!

Yup. There and the BMW service department where all the smart male executives go on a Saturday morning to get a complimentary fluid change, coffee, and croissants.

It's not hard to find a gorgeous hottie to marry so long as you leave a financial paper trail for her to follow.

BJ

Dwayne82

macrumors member
May 16, 2015
Switzerland
I like bright devices, so silver and white are my all-time favorites for any device. it would be cool to get the silver macbook with white keys and bezel. Before the rMB came out, some rumored renderings of the golden macbook(air) looked great. this way.

12_macbook_air_gold_rendering.jpg

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
so cliche i don't even

A.jpg

Not a cliche, it's genetics, this has been going on since caveman times. Women are attracted to men who can provide for them, make them feel safe. You want to attract Grade A women, you need to project yourself as a Grade A man. Luxuries like Ray Ban's, Rolexes, BMW's, Gold Cards, Platinum Cards, and Apple devices do the trick. In Space Grey, of course.

BJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.