What's your favorite sport to watch...?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Unspeaked, Nov 20, 2007.

?

What is your favorite sport to watch?

1. Baseball

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Basketball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Football (American)

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  4. Hockey

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. Racing

3 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Soccer/Football (European)

12 vote(s)
    21.1%
  7. Golf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Tennis

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  9. Boxing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other...

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

So I got to thinking, with so many members from so many places, what are the favorite spectator sports of the MacRumors community?

I put together a poll and think I covered most major sports, though I left an "other" category.

Keep in mind that each category is a sport itself, not a league, so "basketball" includes the NBA and college, "football/soccer" includes European leagues and MLS, etc.

And again, these are sports you like to watch, not necessarily play.

2. rfrankl macrumors 6502

I can watch football (pro & college) and basketball (pro & college) every night no matter who is playing.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

4. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

5. Unspeaked thread starter macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

Everyone watches something, I think.

Even if it's reality TV or dog shows or hamster racing... I suppose those would all fall under the "other" category!

:D

6. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I guess Iron Chef America counts. Put me down for "other" then.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would make a poll and list everything separate, Big difference from college and pro. I watch college basketball but would never watch a pro game. I think everyone that knows me here knows baseball is my big sport.

8. Unspeaked thread starter macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

I was thinking of that, but then I starting to realize that I'd have to break down soccer, too, and there's more than one racing league, etc, and we'd have a million categories; there's already more than I'd like!

Plus, I thought this would really get to the essence of the sport, rather than a "What league do you follow?" thing. Whether you like college or NBA, that's one vote for basketball. It's the same sport being played, only with minor rule changes and different teams.

It's not perfect, but it'll have to do...!

9. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I voted for racing, specifically indy F1, and rally races hold the most interest for me. IMO often watching these races at home or at the track can be quite interesting, but it does depend on camera shots (for TV viewing) and seating location (at the track).

P.S. Why is there no "Womens Beach Volleyball" option? ;)

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

It's seasonal with me, for example when the World Cup qualifying heats up, I'm in for Soccer (Futbol), both NCAA Football and Basketball, MLB, Tennis, Golf, etc. However, I don't (read: refuse to) watch NBA, NHL and Boxing. Game them up for Lent. And I couldn't tell you squat about Cricket, even if you told me the final score. Do they have a final score? :eek: :p :D

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

No cheerleading either. Cheerleading IS a sport, or so I have been informed by some very irate bottle-blondes. :p

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I love to watch American football! Its my favorite.

13. j/k/Andy macrumors regular

Baseball, then college football, given up everything else.

14. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

I haven't watched sports in ages. I enjoy following baseball and american football but my involvement is about 5 minutes once a week reading the scores.

I had college roommates that were cheerleaders. They would get very angry when someone tried to tell them it is not a sport. It got to the point where it was fun to say even if you didn't have an opinion about it.

15. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Yeah, no kidding. I put hockey because that's the only sport I can actually stand. But 'none' would really be my first choice, as I would rather watch just about anything other than sports... (Ok, sports and 'Dancing With the Stars' both tie for last place in my list of things to watch on TV)

16. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Football, as in Association Football. Best enjoyed at a ground rather than on the telly, too.

I'll also say that a bit of non-league football every once in a while is quite a fun day out. The soup's better, for one thing. :)

17. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

I agree football is far better in person, there is something about watching a football match that can not be explained.

Then there is also the fun of watching Leeds Utd (who are still a big club if anyone was wondering) loose to Hereford. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i voted for "König Fußball" since it's simply too obvious .. after all which other sport is worth watching ?

that said as an austrian i think i'm somehow required to watch the skiing world cup more or less ;)
    after all it's actually a sport where us austrians are actually good compared to let's say football ;)

19. hartwork macrumors member

Haha that was my first thought when I read through the list. But I do like watching the 'creative' sports like gymnastics, dance, diving and ice skating.

20. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Football (US style) for me. It's the only reason I have my satellite dish :rolleyes:

21. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Ice Hockey's my sport of choice to watch (and play). Football (soccer) seems really slow and boring once you're used to the fast pace of hockey

22. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Power cheerleading is...
    My Uni once had prelims for some international competition held there and I just happened to walk by - I stood there with mouth hanging open at some of the flips , throws and jumps these people did. Theyt made gymnastics look tame...

I like watching Fighting events. Whether Boxing, Pride, MMA, UFC or Fencing. I am happy - I just need to get a tv...

23. Queso macrumors G4

Don't knock Hereford. That Ainsworth is going to be off to the Championship before too long. He scored three against us on Saturday. If he stays, they'll be in League One next year.

Which sort of answers the question of how I voted too :)

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

25. Queso macrumors G4

Vote for baseball. It's what the Colonials did to it.