What's your favorite thing about the iPhone 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Donz0r, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

I thought it would be the video recording and camera, but the SPEED and OLEOPHIBIC coating are the best!!! Just putting it in my pocket cleans te screen. A quick wipe cleans it completely!!!! Also the speed, responsiveness, and fluidity of animations are amazing. Sooo much superior to my 3G.

2. Smrtphoneaddict macrumors member

I'm shocked by how fast I can close an app and open a new one.

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Video. Greatest thing ever. Direct upload to YT is really not worth it now looking at quality but putting it on the computer and uploading allows for the HQ option and then it is fantastic.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

The screen is phenomenal. One swipe on your shirt or pants and its clean. No need to buy anti-glare screen protectors anymore. :D

5. djwobble macrumors regular

I'm going to have to say all of the new features.

Top of my list would be how responsive the device is. It is incredible. I had the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G... this tops them all.

Second on my list is the video. That is awesome. I used it today and emailed a few things to my family on it. I own a Flip Video, but I would have to wait and download them to my Mac...compress them, etc etc.

brian

6. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Eh, I did anyway because I want ZERO fingerprints and furthermore it works great outside. And feels good, IMO

7. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I agree with the above posts... I was getting the 3G S mainly for the video ability, and I will get much more use out of the speed upgrade than anything else.

I would say:

#1 Speed, speed, speed
    #2 New oleophobic coating
    #3 Video ability / better camera

There are a couple other things, but those would be my top three, in order.

8. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

The price is amazing! Oh wait... I think I'm in the wrong thread. :eek:
    Seriously though the speed difference is amazing and just what I needed. Haven't had a chance to play with the camera and video stuff yet.

9. veterator macrumors member

veterator

10. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

My favorite thing is that I went from 16GB to 32GB, essentially for free after selling my 3G on Craigs List today. ;)

11. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm upgrading for the original iPhone, so I'm going with 3G! I'm getting consistent 2.2Mbps speeds around here, although I did find a nice 3G dead zone where it was back to EDGE. I'm guessing it's a rogue cell tower that hasn't been upgraded.

GPS is also great. I'm going to try geocache hunting tomorrow. I bought the Geocaching app that's $9.99 and signed up on the Web site. It'll get my azz outta the house and it sounds fun.

The internal guts are also awesome. It is zipper doing everything. It's like trading in a G5 PowerBook for one of the new C2D 15" MacBook Pros.

I also can tell the still camera is a huge upgrade, if nothing else for the auto zoom. It's still hard to take a picture of a puppy who won't stay still, but my other shots that have focused are a lot clearer. Video? Jury is out, but it seems great. I just don't understand how to sync it with my computer very well. iPhoto imported it as a frame grab, not a video. I thought maybe it would sync with iTunes. If anybody knows how to help me on this, please do!

I almost forgot about the 32GB of storage. I can't just dump all of my songs on there like I did a few years ago with my 30GB iPod, but I have at least twice as many and have dumped a few movies, a lot of music videos, and some TV shows on there. Oodles of Family Guy on my iPhone. Freakin' sweet.

12. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

I'd say the same two things - the screen surface (amazing) and speed.

I'm upgrading from the 2G, so I have to say I like the new shape. Not that the 2G was uncomfortable to hold, but the 3G/GS shape is much more so.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Listening to people complain that they don't have theirs yet. Oh, and the guy that got banned from the Apple Store.

14. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

15. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the screen protector that I have on my 1st Gen, almost have it on for 2 years straight now. But the number one reason I bought it was because of the fingerprints/smudges. The new iPhone still has them, but they are just so much more manageable that for me, there isn't a need for the protector anymore. And there's something about touching the glass rather than the plastic that makes a difference. Might be just me though.

16. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I have to say the Video capability.

The speed is great and the screen is awesome. But if there was no video, I wouldn't have even upgraded. I think it is going to come in VERY handy.

I am so looking forward to a Facebook App with video interface. Please Facebook?? :D

17. dwsolberg macrumors 6502a

Has anyone noticed that the screen is much easier to use in direct sunlight?

18. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

19. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

Definitely the speed, as I can't imagine being satisfied with my 3G anymore.

I also like the compass, particularly in the way it works within Maps.

20. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Seriously! Why does YouTube get integrated in? (in bratty voice) I DON' WANNA USE YOUTUBE!

21. davidlw macrumors 6502a

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Before I got it, I thought video would be my favorite thing, but now it's definitely speed. It's like having a new computer versus an old, slow one.

23. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I didnt get the 3GS yet, but nobody said battery life, so I guess it isnt that much better

24. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

barely noticeable

I love the new autofocus camera (see my sticky thread)
    I love the speed, it is on fire compared to my brothers iTouch 2g

25. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

I'm all about the speed, voice dialing, and new screen! Worth the $500 for the 32gb!