Whats Your Favourite iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacintoshMaster, Mar 24, 2011.

?

What's Your Favourite iPhone?

1. iPhone 2G

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. iPhone 3G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. iPhone 3GS

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. iPhone 4

79 vote(s)
    84.0%
  1. MacintoshMaster macrumors 6502

MacintoshMaster

What is your favourite iPhone? Mine is the 3GS

2. Interstella5555, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011

Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Close tie between the 2G and the 4, but capacity, display,
    And 3G tip it in favor of the 4. The 3G/S lines were plastic toys in comparrison. Disclaimer- owned ever model but 3GS

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given how apple updates the phone, I'd always vote for latest one. So being that the IP4 is the latest one, that's what I voted for ;)

4. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

I completely agree about the 3G(S) feeling plastic. After I had those models for a while, I got my hands on my old 2G, and loved the way it felt.

That being said, the 4 beats them all hands down

5. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

iPhone 4 mainly for the retina display. In addition, the design of the phone has really grown on me too. I wasn't a big fan of it when leaked photos were spread over the internet. However, now that I've owned the device for 7 months, the look and feel of the phone have grew on me.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Hands down it is the iPhone 4.

If all the phones were the same spec-wise but we got to choose the design, I would definitely choose the 4. It just looks so much better. The glass back and the square design..it just does it for me.

7. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

iPhone 4. I really like the sandwich design and especially the glass. Really slick.

8. Geffen macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E128 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did Like the original 2g version of the iPhone however the iPhone 4 is my favorite over the previous models.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

4 followed by the first one.

Similar to my LOST season rankings. I like the 4th season the best because it contains my fav episode ("The Constant") and thought the season finale was action-packed. Then I have the first one as my 2nd favorite because how fresh and original it was at the time similar to the original iPhone which was so revolutionary in 2007. But it had its flaws early on and I am more about practical features over anything that deals with aesthetics.

The #4 means death to the Japanese but it is one of my lucky numbers and means alot to me since I was born on the 4th. #22 is my luckiest number of all because of how much money I made picking it in roulette and a "pair of 2's" does equal 4. #13 is another lucky number of mines and 1 + 3 = 4 too. ;-) #4 is my luckiest single digit number followed by the #1 which points to the sky.

iPhone 4 is not just my favorite iPhone ever and probably be that way for a long time, but it perhaps is my favorite gadget I have ever owned. That's why I have no real interest with iPhone 5 or 6. With the exception of a 0.5 inch smaller screen, the 4 pretty much does it all for me and can do so for a long, long time if I wanted. I have more interest in other non-iDevices right now that "aren't peaking" yet. Wanting to keep my interest "fresh."

10. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

11. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Agreed.
    With each iPhone upgrade, Apple doesn't make a step back, so theres a few reason not to like it.

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I love the glass design of the iPhone 4. It's by far my favorite.

14. saberahul macrumors 68040

If the 3GS has the features of the 4, I'd say 3GS. If the 4 was shaped like the 3GS, I'd say 3GS.

15. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I do agree. As much as I love the design of the iPhone 4 (More than the 3G/3GS) the iPhone 3G/3GS feels much better in the hand. The iPhone 4 feels much sharper and less pleasant.

16. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

iPhone 4 hands down. The overall design is my favorite and the retina display is great. My second favorite is the original iPhone.

17. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

I'd still have to give this crown to the original. I still have mine around (using it as an experimental hacking phone these days), and I absolutely love the feel of it. The aluminum back communicates a feel of warmth that the plastic or glass backs of later iPhones cannot. Also, I'm a fan of sort of retrofutureistic designs, and the front of the iPhone with that big chrome ring hugging the sides of the LCD just screams 1950s design motif. I still haven't found a phone that feels quite as nice in the hand as the original. If they took the guts and screen of the 4 and stuck it in that body, I would buy one in a heartbeat. That said, my current iPhone is a 4, and it's a great phone as well.

18. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

You really do never forget your first one....

19. bachelier macrumors member

Agreed. Definitely the 4 has better features than any other iphone, but I LOVE the shape of the 3GS/3G.

Hopefully the new iphone 4G will have that shape back, as I heard. :apple: