Whatsapp notification isseus ?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Manrico1, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Manrico1 macrumors member

Manrico1

Not sure I'm doing everything in the right way but on my AW, it seems that Whatsapp notifications show only the sender and the time but not the message while iMassages and FB Messenger show correctly sender AND the message, I can correctly reply to WA message (but of course it's a reply to something I cannot see) On my iPhone WA messages are seen correctly
    I'm attaching a ss just as example.
    Anyone else came across this issue?
    NOTE. I laready unpaired and re-paired AW with my iphone but without success
    IMG_2549 SMS.png IMG_2547 WA.png

2. jaredlipsitz macrumors member

It's got to do with the setting you have on your iPhone. You've obviously set whatsapp notifications on your iPhone to not show the message when the notification pops up.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

This could be a WhatsApp configuration error. They are constantly (over the past few days) pushing updates. This bug should be resolved by then

4. Manrico1 thread starter macrumors member

Manrico1

Thanks, Jaredlipsitz, indeed I had not to show previews on my iPhone WA and modified accordingly
    Just waiting for a message to see if it is the cause of it.

5. Manrico1 thread starter macrumors member

Manrico1

Ookk! Just received a message from WA and it works, it was this setting.
    Thanks again, Jare :D:apple:

6. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

Can you reply to WhatsApp messages from your watch? I receive notices on the watch but don't seem to be able to send replies from my watch?

7. Manrico1 thread starter macrumors member

Manrico1

Yes, I can reply. I could reply also when I wasn't able to see the incoming messages.
    Just the pre-written reply, btw but for me it's ok since in Italy the handwriting is not yet active

8. KennethS macrumors regular

KennethS

Thanks, Manrico1. You are correct and I am able to reply to incoming messages from the watch. I was mistaken, since WhatsApp does not show as an app on the watch. But the watch will send a reply to an incoming message.

9. GC251114 macrumors regular

Such a shame that Whatsapp has no Apple
    Watch app , & you have to rely on having the setting to mirror your phone. Whatsapp are better with updates these days , but from what I've heard & read on the web , they certainly have no plans in the near future to release a native Watch app. There's still no iPad app !

So replying to an incoming whatsapp is certainly possible , & works flawlessly , yet once you've sent it there's no record of any whatsapp conversation on your watch. Such a shame you can't start a whatsapp conversation.