WhatsApp

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Venelin, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Venelin macrumors newbie

Venelin

How to download WhatsApp on iPad? I don't know way but the apple store do not show the app on iPad:rolleyes:

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I think Whatsapp is iPhone only.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

WhatsApp requires your phone number, hence its for phones only.

4. Venelin thread starter macrumors newbie

Venelin

Well, the iPad cellular model have phone number too. If you install WhatsApp you can use the instant message to make phone calls from the iPad. In general service providers charge smartphone owners to provide them with something that they already pay for. Not very smart from the side of the smartphone owners. The phone calls are transmuted via data packages or VoIP (voice over internet protocol):eek:

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

The iPad can't take and make calls using that number, that is the difference.

6. zunairryk macrumors regular

You could install it on ipad if you jailbreak. I had it running last year on my ipad mini. I think the tweak was called whatspad. It's in Cydia. Look it up. Not sure if it is compatible with ios 7 though.

7. ugcop, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Doesn't have to have jailbreak. I run it on my rMini. It takes a little minulation to install and get it to run but it works great.

I run it using my google number. Get the Google number running on your iPad first. I use GV Connect to text on the Google number but use Google Hangout for calls.

Once you have that running load iFunbox on your computer.

There are detailed instructs at several places on the web. I'm giving you this from memory and you will need to search for complete step by step but I'll give you the basics.

Basically what you do is open iTunes and copy the app to your desktop.
    Plug up your iPad and open iFunbox. Following the directions you will load the app on the iPad. Unplug the iPad. Pick up your iPhone. Delete the app.
    Reload the app on the phone. Set up the app using the Google number. The text will be sent to the iPad. Using that text activate the app on the phone.

Again following the instruction there are two files inside the app in the phone that you want to copy and put inside the app on the pad.

Once that is done the app will work. Now go back to the phone delete the app on the phone. Reinstall it and set it up with your iPhone number.

Whatsapp can be made to run using the iPhone number but the problem is only one device with a number can be logged in at any given time. This makes it a pain to switch back and forth so it is better to use a second number for the pad.

8. Venelin thread starter macrumors newbie

Venelin

Thank you

Knowledge is is power, but you can't acquire all the information on your own so you need help from the community most of the time? Thank you for taking a time to help. I appreciate your suggestion!:)

9. manzza macrumors newbie

i got the same problem.. i did all this copying the folders using ifun-box... and whatsapp would work for a bit then my no would get blocked by whatsapp.. i tried using whatspad it would work thn i would get blocked again... i would get a msg to verify no then it would show ur no is longer allowed to use our service...

is this just me?? n what im i doing wrong

10. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

Tell me how and where you are getting your numbers and how you are activating.

11. manzza macrumors newbie

i get the numbers on this app upptalk wen u sign up they give u a uk number and im in oman.. i activate em on ipad using whatspad thy would activate fine n i would use it for like an hour thn they would deactivate thm.. do u thing it would b beta to get a local number??

12. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

I know nothing about upptalk or whatspad but obviously Whatsapp doesn't like the numbers they are giving you. I suggest looking for a new number source. You might try a family member who does not use and would never have a use for Whatsapp. Activate it with their phone and then move the files with ifunbox.

13. vooke macrumors regular

vooke

whatsapp ipad Air 8.1.1

I have ipad Air iOS 8.1.1
    I badly need whatsapp on it. Any ideas?