When Apple Stores finally get watches...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Tuck, May 24, 2015.

1. jamesie1975 macrumors member

From a UK perspective I would say:

They won't announce it - they will just start too appear much like the bands are starting to appear now. Once it becomes clear they are in certain stores I think you will see those stores busier on the immediate few days after people realise with resellers but I can't see lines. The kind of folks that line up have mostly had their orders fulfilled already or waiting rarer models (black links etc).

On that subject I doubt the rarer models that still have folks with o/s orders online, will be available in store in the first wave (who would be the only people who would queue). In fact I would not be surprised if outside the London flagship stores the regional stores here only carry sports, SS sports, classic buckle and milanese loops permanently. I can't ever see being able to walk into West Quay (my local) and being able to pick up a SS link bracelet.

I agree with another member that I have not seen one being worn in real life yet. The kind of person who buys an iPhone or iPad but not at launch or are not an apple enthusiast may want one but will not be rushing to line up. It will be more a case that once they are in store they will spark additional interest and it will happen organically.

Anyway in my experience in the UK line-ups at Apple Stores are a launch day phenomena mostly reserved for language students at Regent Street and Covent Garden. The kind that come out bursting with tears of joy clutching their new product for the press - not the mass market! In my local store the only queue is for the genius bar for people who have smashed their phone screens or want screen protectors fitted.

Apple Forums are not reflective of the public at large.

2. bushman4 macrumors 68020

I was in the Flagship 5th avenue store last week for over an hour. I passed the 3 AppleWatch display cases and try-on tables several times and they were empty. Except once two people were looking
    Seems as though the initial excitement of the AppleWatch is over. When it's in the stores it will sell as an impulse item
    As somebody mentioned..... The big sales will be the first 60 days and the holidays

3. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502a

CharlesShaw

And the one hour I recently spent at a Chicago flagship store was so packed with people waiting for a try-on that I was surprised that my appointment took place at the scheduled time. There were people waiting in a line just to check in the front door.