Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
I have the same question.

Also, I’ve never preordered an iPad Pro before. Do preorders usually sell out quickly?

Reactions: Rradcircless

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
It does seem a bit unusual for Apple to do a product release (M3 MBA) on a Monday. That's the thing that gives me some kind of hope they could announce tomorrow, however, i feel like it's probably more likely that they let the M3 Air release have full attention before moving on and releasing iPad Pros later in the month.

Reactions: SirAnthonyHopkins

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
It's easy to imagine both scenarios, one where they want all the focus on the MBA this week until it starts shipping Friday, but equally that they drip feed product announcements one day at a time.
Ideally today they'll announce the iPads at lunch time (GMT), similar time to the Macbook yesterday along with the new magic keyboard case and maybe the 3rd gen Apple Pencil.

Been waiting on this since late August, I had literally bought a current gen ipad pro and keyboard case the day before the Macrumors post saying that there was big upgrade planned for early 2024 so been holding on since then, been a long 6 months without an ipad.

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
I am expecting around a $/£200 increase on the base models.
At least if the rumours are to be believed both the 11 and 13 versions will have the same screen so less of an incentive to go bigger.
I'm just hoping they don't increase the price of the already exorbitent magic keyboard case.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
At least if the rumours are to be believed both the 11 and 13 versions will have the same screen so less of an incentive to go bigger.
They will both be OLED, but not the same panel. From the rumors, the 11" will be LG, the 13" Samsung, and only the LG will be dual-stack (alledgedly the better tech), but apparently the 13" will be thinner as a result.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
They will both be OLED, but not the same panel. From the rumors, the 11" will be LG, the 13" Samsung, and only the LG will be dual-stack (alledgedly the better tech), but apparently the 13" will be thinner as a result.
If the 13-inch Pro has inferior OLED tech and the 13-inch Air has MicroLED, that may drive me to get the Air. Y'all might say it's unlikely, but I can't help but think that Apple will do that in order to avoid the hassle of ordering new displays, by just reusing the display tech of the M2 Pros for the new Airs.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
might not be announced at the exact same time as yesterday either
the watch bands and phone cases were a little bit later also then the mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.