Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
Damn. Oh, well. I guess that's the problem with rumours. We get to hold onto our excitement for a bit longer.

SpanishAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2023
Badajoz
If the 13-inch Pro has inferior OLED tech and the 13-inch Air has MicroLED, that may drive me to get the Air. Y'all might say it's unlikely, but I can't help but think that Apple will do that in order to avoid the hassle of ordering new displays, by just reusing the display tech of the M2 Pros for the new Airs.
I was decided to get a Pro but if that ends up being true, I will definitely go for an Air

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
It won't be until after the MacBook Air is available so that it can be on the front page of the store for a while. Probably a few weeks from now.
MacBook air really is a minor update and not sure Apple is worried about "Front Page"

My guess is we get iPads this week...

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012

looks like the last ipad was announced on a tuesday and a little bit later in the morning so there is still a chance
Please stop getting my hopes up! Haha. I’m eager for a new iPad, be it Pro or Air (depends on the price increase). Also have an AMEX cashback offer that ends on the 31st March… Would be nice ifif I can use that.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Probably won't be today as the US news is probably focused on the Super Tuesday elections - Maybe tomorrow or next week.
Good point, by that logic though they probably wouldn't announce tomorrow either, since news is probably going to be focused on results (even though we know exactly how it will turn out, let's be real).

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Next week.

Tomorrow maybe a new Apple TV 🤔
I'm guessing of course, but Apple is going to get iOS update out the door first, and let the masses help debug it. Then release the new iPads. Can you imagine how embarrassing it could be if Apple got the new iOS and new iPads out the door at the same time, and the new iPads crashed? :eek: Of course there are always going to be glitches with new hardware and new software. We've all seen that.

I'm up for the new iPad Pro, but overall cost, and SSD and RAM upgrades may dampen my enthusiasm. Plan "B" maybe a new MBA or even "Old" MacBook Pro.

But I do hope somehow the cost of the new iPad and upgrades, and accessories (keyboard) isn't too, too over the top. I'd like to pass down my M1 iPad Pro to my kid, as I don't think the Apple trade in offers are decent enough anyway.

So Apple get the iPad Pro out the door please! 😇

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
I'm guessing of course, but Apple is going to get iOS update out the door first, and let the masses help debug it. Then release the new iPads. Can you imagine how embarrassing it could be if Apple got the new iOS and new iPads out the door at the same time, and the new iPads crashed? :eek: Of course there are always going to be glitches with new hardware and new software. We've all seen that.

I'm up for the new iPad Pro, but overall cost, and SSD and RAM upgrades may dampen my enthusiasm. Plan "B" maybe a new MBA or even "Old" MacBook Pro.

But I do hope somehow the cost of the new iPad and upgrades, and accessories (keyboard) isn't too, too over the top. I'd like to pass down my M1 iPad Pro to my kid, as I don't think the Apple trade in offers are decent enough anyway.

So Apple get the iPad Pro out the door please! 😇

That's the point of RCs and betas....

Apple has released new software and hardware simultaneously before.

Reactions: jazz1

nitrobear

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2024
Oof, I’m guessing I’m now 100% sure there’s not going to be a press release today. Meta just suffered a worldwide outage. If I was Apple, I wouldn’t risk losing engagement because of this. We’ll wait until thursday then I guess?

dz5b609

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2019

Yeah that's not how that works.

apocalyarts

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
They just put out the GM, I think the updates will drop the day before the new iPads release.

Reactions: jazz1

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
If the 13-inch Pro has inferior OLED tech and the 13-inch Air has MicroLED, that may drive me to get the Air. Y'all might say it's unlikely, but I can't help but think that Apple will do that in order to avoid the hassle of ordering new displays, by just reusing the display tech of the M2 Pros for the new Airs.
MicroLED “only” uses different backlighting, the panels aren’t necessarily different otherwise. But MicroLED costs more and would lessen the upsell to the Pro, so there is incentive to drop it. “Hassle” is never an argument if costs can be reduced.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
MicroLED “only” uses different backlighting, the panels aren’t necessarily different otherwise. But MicroLED costs more and would lessen the upsell to the Pro, so there is incentive to drop it. “Hassle” is never an argument if costs can be reduced.
Well, there you have it I guess. Still, there's always a chance.

nitrobear

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2024
Did they release the iOS GM? I don’t think so?
The final release is here already
IMG_4411.png

slippery-pete

macrumors 68020
Jun 23, 2007
These comments are always so entertaining.

• Haha
Reactions: nitrobear
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.