When are you selling your 6/6+ (or other iphone) ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Jul 13, 2015.

?

When are you selling the 6/6+ (or other iphone)?

  1. Selling now in July

    8 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. first 2 weeks of August

    2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. last 2 weeks of August

    5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. first 2 weeks of September

    10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  5. wait till it gets announced

    14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. after release

    37 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #1
    The s series is right around the corner. To those who are selling, when are you selling your phone to maximize profit?
     
  2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

    bandofbrothers

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    Uk
    #2
    I usually sell mine back to my local  store.

    As always it depends on what's under the hood.
     
  3. CellXor10 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2015
    Location:
    Connecticut, USA
    #3
    G) I don't have any plans to sell my iPhone 6 as of yet

    Technically I suppose I could answer "After Release" tho that might not even be correct, in that I may not sell it at all... Time will tell tho I suppose...
     
  4. woodekm macrumors 65816

    woodekm

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    #4
    Not selling. At least for the "S"round - unless they move the power button to the top like the old iPhones and the iPads. Then I Buy!
     
  5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

    Appl3FTW

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2012
    #5
    im definitely selling.. I sell all the x versions and buy the xs to keep.
     
  6. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 65816

    Cutiekitty92

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2015
    Location:
    UK
    #6
    I'll sell mine once I get my new handset as always
     
  7. rpetunderclass macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2014
    #7
    Sold my 6+ due to a few design issues and specs. I tried the 6 but hated the 720P screen, not as crisp as the 6+. I might upgrade if theres some good major upgrades. I not most likely will wait for the 7.
     
  8. nburwell macrumors 68040

    nburwell

    Joined:
    May 6, 2008
    Location:
    PHL
    #8
    I'm still holding on to my 6 for the time being. I'm thinking that unless some earth shattering feature is introduced for the 6s that I need to have, I may just end up keeping my 6. With that said, I'll wait until probably after release since I typically buy the fatory unlocked model.
     
  9. rui no onna macrumors 601

    rui no onna

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2013
    #9
    Not selling but if I did, it will be after I've received the new phone. For me, the loss of utility just isn't worth the extra $50-100 in resale value.
     
  10. CEmajr macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2012
    Location:
    Charlotte, NC
    #10
    After the new phone is released.

    I preemptively sold my iPhone just once and that was when I sold my 4S about 3 weeks before the 5 was announced. I went back to an old 3GS and it was a painful experience that I won't repeat again.
     
  11. zone23 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 10, 2012
  12. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

    Roessnakhan

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2007
    Location:
    ABQ
    #12
    I usually do a Gazelle trade-in because they let you lock in the price before they even announce the phone and let you ship it after you get the new one.
     
  13. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

    M5RahuL

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2009
    Location:
    Colorado
  14. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #14
    My plans are to hang on to my 6 for another year. Im honestly VERY happy with it.

    If I did sell though, I'd definitely wait until I had the new one up and running.
     
  15. mhelohdi macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2015
    #15
    Not until 7 comes out--super pleased with my 6+!!!!!
     
  16. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2007
    #16
    Always after having the new one in hand. Can't go a day or two without a phone.
    Although you will yield more cash if you sell before the new phone release. More sellers/inventory = price competition.
     
  17. inboxer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2013
    #17
    I'll sell my iPhone 6 to BuyBackWorld but lock in my quote 1 month before the release date. In the past they have extended the price quote to 45 days to give you enough time to send it in after you receive your new phone. Gazelle is an other good option that does the same, but BuyBackWorld usually offers much higher value.
     
  18. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

    12vElectronics

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2013
    Location:
    California
  19. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #19
    I usually wait until my old phone is about to die to get a new one so I don't usually sell the old one. My current phone is starting to have some issues so I'm hoping it will last until the 6S is released so I can see what is available and decide which iPhone to get.
     
  20. imlynxy macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    #20
    I'm going to wait for SAR level of iphone 6s. If ot is still high I switch to Android. I don't want to wear "microwave" next to my head.
     
  21. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

    Newtons Apple

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2014
    Location:
    Jacksonville, Florida
    #21
    My 6+ is already spoken for and they are getting anxious !:eek:
     
  22. Phil A. Moderator

    Phil A.

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2006
    Location:
    Shropshire, UK
    #22
    I haven't decided yet if I'll upgrade from my 6, but if I do, I won't get rid of it until the new phone is in my hand - I'm not bothered about a bit of lost profit compared to the pain of having to do without a phone for any length of time :)
     
  23. blcfla macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    #23
    I usually wait a few months after release for supply to catch up and to see what bugs/quirks are out there with the new models...not in a super rush, my 6 is just fine
     
  24. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #24
    It seems to me to get the best value, I should be looking to sell it now, the downside is I need to then use another phone while I await the arrival of the new models. I'm not sure of that will be viable so I'm probably going to hold off until after the new models are released. At that point I'll sell it, though the value of my phone will decrease.
     
  25. spatlese44 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2007
    Location:
    Milwaukee
    #25
    They could basically move the power button anywhere and it would be better. Actually, a few millimeters up from where it is would have been the worst. What were they thinking?

    I'm probably going to wait for the 7S if not the 8. I bought the 128 GB 6 and I'm very happy with it.
     

Share This Page