when did you get in line?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ert3, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 8gb: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

this is the when did you get in line and how far back where you.

For me 5:30 and 27ish.

I left with a phone and fought to activate it.

2. elbirth macrumors 65816

I got to the Apple store at 6:30 and was somewhere around 50-60th in line (there was a person that got there around 10pm last night and the others started coming in around 4 this morning). By the time the store opened there were probably a little over 300 people. I didn't get out of the store until 11, but with an unactivated phone. I'm home now trying to activate it :(

3. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I got in line at local at&t store at 2:30 and I was #23.

The store didnt have any White 16G so I initially bought the Black 16G. Went back to the store 2 hours later and placed an order for the White 16G instead. It should be here next week.

4. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

9pm last night, (thursday) and got kicked off of mall property, waited across the street and came back.. long story short i ended up being #30

5. ziggo macrumors 6502

ziggo

Got in line about 7:15AM. Was 25th in line in an initial line of 5o that soon ballooned to about 75. Actually got in the store (AT&T store in Lithonia, GA) about 10:30Am got out at around 11:00am, am now home and attempting to activate but keep getting the "Timed out" error that ive been STARING at for the last 2 1/2 hours...

6. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

Started stalking the AT&T entrance at 9pm. I didn't line up until 10:30PM when 2 guys pulled up and started forming a line. In the door at 8AM and out at 8:15AM. I was #3 in line and #1 out the door with a new iPhone. :D

7. philgilder macrumors 68000

7am for an 8am launch in the UK, 21st in line
    got the last 16gb black iphone in stock! :D

8. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

i there about 30 minutes before the store opened and was about 25th in line. i walked out with a non-activated phone within an hour and a half.

the reason that the line seemed to be so small was because i was told by the people around me that the police kept running off people earlier. supposedly, the police stopped a little after 7am.

i lucked out.

9. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Austin Domain Apple Store. Got there about 5:50 AM and was 78th in line. Didn't leave the store until about 11:30 AM. Bleh, but I got my choice in phone with plenty of stock to spare. :)

10. verks macrumors member

verks

Got to the store at 5:30am and was 12th. West Cleveland, Oh.

There was a problem with my account so I had to leave while att created a trouble ticket. They just fixed it 7 hours later and now I'm going to pick it up. FINALLY!:D

11. agentornge33 macrumors newbie

12. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

5:45 AM, and I was 5th in line at the Apple Store in Charlotte.

13. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

2 pm July 10th and I was fourth in line. Now I have a 16gig White Inactived pain in the....Apple really knows how to get me by my manhood

14. ec51 macrumors 6502

11:53pm - Thursday, I was number 11.

Left with my White 16gb activated and working. After a SIM card problem...it was finally up and running.

15. Sebap3 macrumors newbie

I got to an AT&T store at 5am and was number 4 in line. At 8:10 am I was the first one to leave with an activated black 16 GB iphone out of the first ten people that were let in the store at the same time. :D

16. 0B1 macrumors member

6.45am in the UK. 5th in line, got penultimate black 16GB, although they couldnt process til about noon. Anyone having probs when syncing apps?

17. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

18. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Kauai Store

Arrived at 6am and was #8 in line. #1 was a woman who set up a chair and slept in her car starting at Midnight.

The store manager ( a really nice lady) came out and gave people tickets about an hour early. This was nice because I was able to then dash to a bathroom in a medical building next door. She came out several times with water and more tickets.

They let the first 6 into the store at 8am. Right after they all went in the local reporter showed up and took pictures of us and asked our names.

I went in at about 8:15 and was out in 10 minutes with a new case and a nice white phone still in shrink wrap. They had already been alerted to just tell folks to activate at home.

I think the woman from midnight was a new customer. She was still there when I left. There ended up being at least 50 in line and they would not tell anyone how many phones they had but promised to get them quick shipping if they did not get a phone today.

After 15 timeouts with iTunes it finally got in and asked me a couple of things and started restoring from backup. Still waiting on that.

19. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

AT&T Store. Linden, NJ (Aviation Plaza).

Got in line at 5:30 a.m, and was #7. #6 and 5 showed up around 3:00 a.m., and the folks before us camped out starting the night before. I was surprised! This was a rather small store, so I wasn't expecting I'd be beat to the line. Nor did I expect the HUGE line that came after us.

I walked out with a 16GB black iPhone. there were white iPhones in stock, but I just prefer Black. Funny how when it comes to laptops, the black Macbook is the premium model, while in cell phones, the white version appears to be the "rare" model. :)

I really underestimated the enthusiasm for the 3G iPhone, and I suspect that clearly, even Apple and AT&T underestimated it too.

Looks like I lucked out in many ways an ducked all of the activation issues. My upgrade was smooth and flawless, thankfully.

20. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

Seattle - Capitol Hill AT&T Store
    5AM - 6th in line.

phone finally activated at noon.

21. Steedie macrumors newbie

Oxford, UK

Got inline at about 7am, was second in line behind my friend :)

Activated one hour ago lol nearly 12 hours after

22. addipar23 macrumors member

6am, 40th in line, AT&T store, got in at 9, was able to get a 16gb black, 100% up and running at 12:30pm. Line cutters were pissing me off....

23. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Man, you 'mericans are hardcore.

I was there at 6:20am and 11th in the queue. The first guy was there at 5.

24. shebax macrumors newbie

6:50 AM at an AT&T store in North Little Rock. i was 30th in line (got in in 30 minutes max) and they brought in at least 10 people behind me. i think i heard that they were starting to run low because i heard one employee being informed to go dismiss the last 20 people to another store.

Couldn't activate for obvious reasons so I'm activating tonight after i get home from work

25. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Im not waiting in line for no damn phone

A computer, maybe, but not a phone. I'm way too impatient and hyper. I would have shot all those people in front of me after about 10 minutes of small talk, sorry. There is an AT&T store close to where I work (Atlantic Station, Atlanta Georgia) and the line was already rapped around the block by 7:45AM when I walked by. I just shook my head and kept walking.

I do admire all of yall that waited in line. That takes dedication.

Plus did I mention I am broke at the moment anywayz.