When do you think new iMacs come?

When do you think we'll see new iMacs?

• 20th October

Votes: 45 34.1%
  • 27th October

Votes: 33 25.0%
  • Somewhere after 27th Oct, but before 2010.

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Not before 2010.

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • What? iMacs might get updated?

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • What's an iMac?

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

stever500

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2009
Gaithersburg, MD.
Soon, grasshopper, soon. I'm guessing, uh, soon. At least before the end of the year. Or later. But ... well, soon. :eek:

I need me an iMac!!! Been waiting SOOOO long.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
Either they'll not mention the subject in Monday's finance results (announcement coming very soon) or they'll say "no new hardware until 2010".

As to an exact date, I've no idea!

littlelarry33

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
It better come soon

Have a look at my order. It has been forever I am well over angry right now and they wont give me any update.

Mac.png

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Have a look at my order. It has been forever I am well over angry right now and they wont give me any update.

View attachment 199235
That just sucks. Have you called? Are you giving you any kind of estimate at all?

I still don't expect anything until the 27th if all of these new products are true (imacs, mini, keyboard, mouse, & Macbook). If it is only the Mini and the iMac, then no event is necessary.

ManuelGnR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
Netherlands

View attachment 199235
Well maybe Steve Jobs decided, hey, let's hold on to that dude's iMac, let's give him the new one when we release it, he'll totally love it since it's so damn awesome since we put so much great stuff in it for not even a lot of money!

Then it wouldn't be that bad. =)

littlelarry33

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
That just sucks. Have you called? Are you giving you any kind of estimate at all?

I still don't expect anything until the 27th if all of these new products are true (imacs, mini, keyboard, mouse, & Macbook). If it is only the Mini and the iMac, then no event is necessary.
Yeah I called and they said there is a delay on all iMacs and will email me when they have an update. It is truly rediculous and I am losing my patience with Apple.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004

My guess is just computer updates...Macbook, Mini and iMac..Remember last March Apple updated the Mini, iMac and Mac Pro via silent update (no event). I don't think we'll see new mice or keyboards...Remember, that FCC stuff happens all the time and is usually months and years away from actually happening.

My vote is October 20 :)

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
October 27th would make a lot of sense.
It might, but you would still miss out on the people buying Windows 7 Oct. 22-26. You have a good shopping weekend there.. If I were Apple I would release this week :) Well, I would've released like a month ago, but whatever.

MacApple21

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2009
Denmark
I guess the 2Oth because a lot of promotions stop the 19th (http://www.apple.com/promo/) and Win7 comes out the 22th
I don't think/hope that's a coincidence, together with the Windows 7 release, it would make sense for Apple to release potential refreshes on tuesday october 20th.
Maybe, as mentioned by others, Steve will say something about upcoming product refreshes during the conference call tomorrow.
.. Hopefully he won't say "no more new hardware in 09" :eek:

P.s. It would be so cool if something like a updated mouse stole the spotlight from Microsoft's newest OS mess :)