All iPads When do you think that production defect issues will be sorted out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Alundra, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Alundra macrumors regular

When should it be safer to buy an ipad air without screen problems?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

3. bobright macrumors 601

Well, there is 1 thread with about 30 people or so with a problem this is a WIDE spread issue we're dealing with stay away guys.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Some people in a macrumors forum doesn't make it a "widespread" issue.

But if you feel there is a widespread problem, then the short answer is: never. They will never fix the problem. So don't buy one. Ever.

5. isephmusic macrumors 6502

quarter million ipads sold in each state. 45 people on macrumors and about 3 other sides got ipads with problems. the rest are having fun enjoying theres posting reviews ... LOL

buy it. you have 14 days to exchange. i had mines PERFECT until everyones OCD got to me and i saw the blue bar on the left. no big deal exchange and its perfect again .

6. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

It's safe to buy one now. A lot people on these forums are actively looking for screen issues. Even if you did have a "defective" screen, you probably wouldn't notice it during real world usage anyway.

7. bobright macrumors 601

Bahahaha

8. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1665539

Here's another thread with 70 people with perfect Airs, neither of which means nothing.

Buy an iPad Air and enjoy it. It's fine. :rolleyes:

9. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Will be fixed in iPad 6. Apple likes to sell prototypes before the real revolutionary model

10. Wando64 macrumors 6502

I had one with the screen problem. I've exchanged it and I cannot fault the new one. Clearly the problem does happen, but it is not as widespread as I was fearing. Just get one and if it is not ok get it exchanged.

11. Altis macrumors 68020

Some people get more than 1 with a bad screen, and same issue. Seems like there may be bad batches. There are also quite a few people with the issue compared with the total number of MR members who bought them.

Many people wouldn't notice the screen issues anyways, although many would given the whiteness of iOS 7 and many web pages.

Just because you got have a good one, doesn't mean an issue doesn't exist. Same people who say iOS 7 is perfect because bugs and flaws either don't affect them, or they don't notice.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

13. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

amazing, people are getting problems but actual ipad air owners don't :)

14. Altis macrumors 68020

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Is that what you got out of the link? :confused:

16. Altis macrumors 68020

It's what I got from your post. I don't have to click the link to be familiar with 6th grade philosophical concepts.

It just doesn't apply to this. It is selfish to say that "I don't have a problem therefore it does not exist"... it just shows they believe the world revolves around them. "I don't have a problem so it doesn't affect me" is more appropriate, is it not?

17. bobright macrumors 601

18. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm sorry that all you get from that. I'd love to have a philosophical debate here with you, but unfortunately this is not the place.

Look at it this way. Just because I have a problem with an Air, or because 30 people on an Internet forum have a problem with their Airs, does that imply some sort of manufacturing defect or Apple conspiracy?

If people type "MY Air" is doing this or that, rather than "THE Air", perhaps we wouldn't be having this discussion. Apple designs and builds devices to be free of defects. Do they still happen? Of course. But just because yours is broke don't assume they all are.

19. Altis macrumors 68020

I'm not assuming that. However, when the same issue comes up for many, especially when the same person gets more than one, it has to be acknowledged as a *potential* issue to keep an eye out for. To say that it's absolutely not even possibly a problem because "my iPad is fine" (which is sometimes more opinion than fact) is not helpful and short sighted.

The only way any kind of problem is recognized and resolved is first by observing it, not by denying it.

20. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

It SHOULD be safer to buy an iPad air without screen problems since day 1, but obviously in reality, it's not. Production defects will ALWAYS exist, whether it's the 1st one off the assembly line, the 10,000th, or the 1,000,000th. It's just the luck of the draw and the way of life. Go buy an iPad air and enjoy it, but know this, if you end up getting an iPad air with screen defects, you are stuck with it for life. No complain, and don't cry about it. Just consider yourself having bad luck.

Special bulletin: Apple has something new, something never heard of, called a return policy. So for those we got an iPad air with bad screens, they can actually return the damn thing and get the money back or get a replacement. Bad luck people all saved. Love it!

21. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That sounds wonderful. But what happens around here is hardly "observing".

Even the title of this thread makes some pretty big assumptions. "Production defect issues". Really?

Mmmmmkay.....

22. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

My general rule of thumb is to wait 3-4 months after launch.

23. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

The odds of getting a defective iPad will be the same whether you buy today or in three months. You just have a large majority of people from macrumors purchasing on day 1, so when there is an issue they post. Over the next few months the defects will be the same but lower numbers of people will be buying simultaneously, so it seems less widespread.

24. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

Hopefully in a couple weeks. I've seen a few bad screens and too many scratches on the back casing.

25. keigo macrumors regular

it will be solve on the month where iPad6 to be announce....:D