iPad mini When do you think the iPad mini 4 will be released?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by animatedude, Jan 18, 2015.

1. animatedude macrumors 65816

there were some reports recently that the iPad mini 4 will be released as soon as this April! do you think this is true?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No. I think the next iPad releases will be in the fall. That includes the Pro model, if there is one.

3. Billy95Tech Suspended

Agree. Apple will announce new Ipad models in around October this year.

4. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

But this website says it might be coming out as soon as April-June with the iPad Pro, and i think it was true regarding other iPhone rumors in the past.

http://www.macotakara.jp/blog/rumor/entry-25317.html

I think it would make sense to release it as soon as this spring, especially when you take in consideration how lame is iPad mini 3 and how Nokia new tablet is doing right now.....

bring it! ;)

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If that's true, why did they even bother with the Mini 3?

6. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

It's in apples best interest for the release to coincide with the holiday shopping season. An april-June release makes no sense.

----------

Why would it make sense? The average consumer doesn't know the mini 3 is basically a mini 2. Only people who roam around tech forums do.

7. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

-The first 3 generations of iPads were released in the march/April period.

-iPad 4 was released less than 8 months after than iPad 3.

-If it's true Apple will release iPad Pro this year, then there's NO WAY they are going to release iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad Pro ALL on the same period, it's just doesn't make sense.

it makes sense they release the true upgrade to the iPad mini during April or June then release iPad Pro with the iPad Air in the fall.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why not? They used to release all models of iPods at the same time in the Fall, usually at least three models, for instance, Shuffle, Nano and Touch. So why not release all iPads at the same time?

And if they are going to release them at different times, what particular reason do you see for the mini to be the one to be released separately? Wouldn't it make as much sense for the Pro to be the one that has a separate release?

10. animatedude thread starter macrumors 65816

Did you just compare the release of iPod to the iPad?

Yes the Pro can have a separate release earlier this year then they can release the upgrades to iPad Air and iPad mini in the fall but i find it hard to believe we will have to wait till the fall for the new mini especially after the poor reception of the iPad mini 3.

As the poster above said, who knows....but the macfan report confirm it and they were right about the iPhone 6 leaks...

11. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

If they release it in April just buy it. If it doesn't, don't buy it. Simple.

12. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Why shouldn't I compare the iPads to the iPods?

And considering that Apple hasn't updated the iPod touch in God knows how many years, I can certainly believe they could give the same treatment to the iPad mini.

Not saying the rumor couldn't be correct, but don't see any particular reason to believe it, either. It's just another rumor that could be right, or be wrong.

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I don't think we'll see new iPads in April.

15. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I don't care when the mini 4 releases, I just want it to have the same specs as the full size iPad. I just think the full size iPad is too big and awkward to use all the time, especially on the go. So if they don't make the mini eventually have the same specs as the full size iPad again, I'm going to feel inclined to spend 100$ more to get a bigger sized iPad that I don't want. I just can't stand getting year old technology, it feels like a waste of money to me.

16. johnnyturbouk, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    mini 3 was a pi$$ poor release imho, ok it had touch id, but they could of gone for the A8X and 2gb ram

17. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

If they would have put the A8X on the mini 3 I seriously would have wanted that thing so bad. Not sure how I would get the money around for it immediately, but I would find a way. My mom needs an iPad too, so I probably would give her my mini 2. Win-win.

18. CairnsRock macrumors member

CairnsRock

Amazing how considerate we get of family members when we seek to justify new tech purchases.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If you already had a mini 2 there really isn't any reason to upgrade to the 3.

20. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I end up not buying the mini 3. Now waiting for the watch, iPhone 6s plus, iPad mini 4, and maybe check out the iPad pro. I'm so gonna be broke this year. Thanks apple

21. technosix macrumors 6502a

Apple will release it based on their research and market conditions. No matter what has happened in the past one thing is consistent. They will release it when they're ready.

22. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

I was actually hoping for the release of 3 new iPads early this year, a new iPad mini, with an ultra thin iPhone 6 design, a new iPad Air, with a processor upgrade, better battery life and camera upgrades, and the iPad Pro, which acts as a replacement to the MacBook Air. I started 2 separate threads on this if you want to look at them. And I can see why you think the next iPad mini will be released soon, the iPad market isn't doing so well.

23. Ferc Kast macrumors regular

Ferc Kast

*inserts reference to iPad 3 here* ;) So, it's not unprecedented for Apple to have done.

24. Mivo macrumors regular

Mivo

That was something that had irritated me. I already feel that annual releases are an overkill, but when it was eight months in case of the 4, I switched to a Nexus for a while. Returned to iOS with the Air 2, though.

25. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

The iPad 3 had improved internals compared to the iPad 2, as well as a Retina display. It was a step forward, if only a short lived one. The Mini 3 is not a step forward. If they release a new Mini as soon as April as some people suggest, I would feel bad for anyone who bought a 3.