When do you think the iPad will ship?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mkallevik, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Mkallevik macrumors member

So, when do you think the iPad will ship, and will you be able to read it of the "order status" page?

The reason that i am asking is because I have ordered it with a norwegian credit card so i am not sure if it will be rejected or not. (shipping to a friend in the United states and then shipped to norway). It will be a confirmation that it worked if I can see that it has shipped..

2. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

probably no sooner that 3/31 and yes the order status will update when it has shipped. A tracking number will be provided.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Wednesday or Thursday would be my bet; leaning toward Thursday. Even leaving late Thursday/early Friday, they should be in Memphis Friday night.

Order status will be updated with tracking information and ability to pre-sign for delivery (if necessary).

4. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

Ok, do you know where it will be shipped from? Do I get a tracking-number if I have ordered it through "guest checkout" at Apple.com?

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

They'll probably ship directly from China. I forget the airport's name.

edit: I think they ship from Guangzhou, China.

I don't know about "guest checkout", but I imagine you should be all the info you need in an email.

6. Mkallevik thread starter macrumors member

Ok. Thanks! Guess I just have to be patient then...

7. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

guest checkout just means you didn't create an account with Apple. If you gave them an email address they will send you an email when it ships.

8. diabolic macrumors 68000

Did you give them your email address? If not, you can probably keep checking your order status with order number and zip code to see if it has shipped. You'll find the tracking number in there once it does.

9. PCClone macrumors 6502a

June 17, 2012.

10. Ports macrumors regular

Ports

Signature required?

Do you know if signature required for delivery? I may not have anyone home on April 3rd :mad: Not my fault really:confused:

11. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    If the past is a guide, you will need to sign for the package. However, once it's shipped, Apple has allowed you to sign back in to your order page and print and sign a pre-sign authorization that you can leave on your door for FedEx (or wherever).

12. Ports macrumors regular

Ports

Thanks For the information. My wife threw mw a curve for Saturday the 3rd and I may not be able to be home. Thanks again:)

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It really won't matter when they ship since the shipping agency will be under contract not to deliver before 4/3.

14. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Shipping tomorrow

Know for a fact they are shipping tomorrow. I've done backwards analysis and it's obvious that's the exact time needed when taking the long boat from China.
    :cool:

15. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

This excitement reminds me when Compaq released the iPaq a number of years ago, it was in huge demand and hard to find. I like seeing this kind of excitement over technology.

16. pirateRACE macrumors 6502