When do you think the new iMac will be released? - Please Vote!

When do you think the new iMac will be released?

• Late November 2012 (November 16th to November 30th)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late December 2012 (December 16th to 31st)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Please vote in the poll and discuss when you think the new iMac will be released.

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
New Jersey
I am hoping prior to 9/12. I want to get it shipped to me prior to the latest wow expansion. But after waiting this long, I will wait longer if necessary.

I really hope that a 256gb SSD option isn't over priced.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think this is the third poll I've voted in! I've gone for late September. I think a silent refresh sometime after the September 12 th event. Can't see them announcing new iPhone, mini iPad and iMac at same event. Let's hope I'm wrong though. After all I was in the last 2 votes I did!

alias99

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2010
Good idea for an updated poll as the others have past dates. But cant help to think this is going to turn into another massive thread along with the other ones we already have!

Billyvasil

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
I am hoping for early Sept and I think it would be wise they release before Microsoft releases Windows 8 and school starts.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
And what difference does it make?

I can see having a betting pool, but if I 75% guess October and 15% guess September, what difference does it make?
Just to pass the time. I don't need your useless comments on what difference it makes. If you want to participate, then do so. If you don't, then don't, but keep your comments to yourself.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
A bit off topic, but how do you post a poll? I'm not planning on posting one, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell how to do it even if I wanted to.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
A bit off topic, but how do you post a poll? I'm not planning on posting one, but for the life of me, I couldn't tell how to do it even if I wanted to.
You just click on "New Topic", then click on the "post a poll" option at the bottom of that page. :)

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Just to pass the time. I don't need your useless comments on what difference it makes. If you want to participate, then do so. If you don't, then don't, but keep your comments to yourself.
I agree. Doesn't matter to me if we have a dozen of everything :D I'm here to read as much gossip as possible anyway...and to kill time and frustration. Though if I do some meta thinking, I'm unsure if staying here all the freekin time actually makes me more inpatient and frustrated in the first place. :D

Billyvasil

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2012
So "Never" is at 24% ... Really? Are you guys upset and voting never or do you really believe that Apple will discontinue the all in one desktop in order to release something new?

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
So "Never" is at 24% ... Really? Are you guys upset and voting never or do you really believe that Apple will discontinue the all in one desktop in order to release something new?
These polls have no substance. You would think that if a 1000 people voted there would be a slight chance the the majority knew more than random guessings. But we pretty much proved that wrong when everyone thought we would see a new model at wwdc.

Last edited:

eddjedi

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2011
I voted never in the vain hope it will stop you morons making posts like this on a daily basis.

Do you ever look at the home page? There's a bit at the top that says "iPhone 5 launch all but confirmed." Then underneath there are multiple stories showing iPhone 5 parts.

When you see similar threads about a new iMac, then start asking when it's coming. For now you're just dreaming and not helping anybody. You may as well start a thread asking when Michael Jackson will be making a comeback.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
I voted never in the vain hope it will stop you people making posts like this on a daily basis.

Do you ever look at the home page? There's a bit at the top that says "iPhone 5 launch all but confirmed." Then underneath there are multiple stories showing iPhone 5 parts.

When you see similar threads about a new iMac, then start asking when it's coming. For now you're just dreaming and not helping anybody. You may as well start a thread asking when Michael Jackson will be making a comeback.
So then we will never talk about macs in general? Since when did you ever see a part leak of a iMac, Mac pro, MacBook or mb air ?

Last edited by a moderator:

rawdawg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
As much as I still check MacRumors every freaking hour knowing there is no update, and as much as I take part in these survey's myself, let's not forget how many survey's have come and gone with nothing but disappointment.

Mike Valmike

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2012
Chandler, Arizona
I expect it to be EOLed, based on what they're doing with the notebook line and Cook's cryptic Mac Pro comment phrasing suggesting that some sort of omnibus Apple desktop is due in 2013 that will put the previous offerings out to pasture.

xgman

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2007
"Never" is gaining on "early October". I guess people are getting tired of Apples silence. I think most of us would agree that the entire desktop line of macs has become an afterthought at best.

ihuman:D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2012
Ireland
I've waited so long for an iMac so it better be a redesign, something good or both. I think it will be released in September but it could be released in October too I just have a better feeling about September.