when do you think we will see the next 24kpwn?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pcs are junk, Dec 30, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

Hi guys, i jailbroke my iphone like a month ago, but restored it 3 days later cuz i had a tethered jailbreak, see it would be fine if it was an ipod, but u know this is my phone, if it turns off by itself somehow, (which it did before), or i need to reboot it, im out of a phone for a few hours, and if theres an emergency where i need it then im screwed. so, when do you think we will see another 24kpwn exploit? i look forward to your predictions as i am eager to jailbreak again!

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

neither Gorge hotz or the Dev team have announced plans to work on it, Hotz has said no way to working on the tethered issue. so throw a dart at a full year calendar and you got my guess.

3. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

My guess is whenever they figure it out and even then they will probably keep it under wraps until the next OS update so that Apple can't squash it.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the dev team finds it they will keep it and wait. If it's geohot he will release it right away IMO.
    But if apple doesn't release any major updates till the summer then people will stick with the tethered jb for now.

5. irthy macrumors member

Ha. I ran into this problem today at work. So I uninstalled supreme prefferences and some how it made it so nothing worked in in winterboard. It was at the end of the day so i wasn't thinking. I remember i had blackra1n on my thumb drive so i decided to turn off my phone to give it a fresh reboot. Then remembered that i needed my usb cord to actually plug it to a foreign computer in the first place:rolleyes:. DOH! had to wait a whole hour to get home and JB it again. OH the Horror!!!! :eek: Remembered that i have an extra usb cord from an ipod i don't use. Just need to carry that with me at all times in my wallet:D

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I hope both Geohot and the Dev Team sit on the exploit until a major OS release. That way Apple won't squash all hopes for people. However knowing how immature Geohot is with respect to releases, I expect it to be released as soon as it's found and semi well packaged.

7. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

Sorry for asking, since I'm sure it's searchable, but since in not starting a new thread I'm sure it's ok. What is a tethered jailbreak

8. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Wow...

Yeah, I'm sorry, but you really just have to search

9. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

i would say after the next firmware update.. we are already overdue for it. it should be coming within the next month..

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its not ok, search.

11. Deano.uk macrumors regular

Deano.uk

Its a jailbreak that is tethered. :)

12. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Could be a while, a new vulnerability needs to be found in the new iBoot. not an easy task. :)

It is searchable. Please do so before even thinking about creating a new thread. :)