All iPads When does Apple.com Store Inventory Generally Update?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Y2JDMBFAN, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

Guys,

Does Apple update the stock availability for all stores at one time each day or do they update each store individually whenever they get a shipment?

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

Yesterday it seemed like a lot of the Texas stores updated around 2pm. Not sure if that is universal.

3. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I think it's whenever they get shipments, but I know in the Detroit area, the Somerset store tends to get shipments in the late morning, and if past history is any indicator, I've seen them tend to update the online inventory around the 1-2pm timeframe. That's what I noticed yesterday, when i checked in the morning, and there were no rMini's, but at 2pm I happened to check again, and there were a few units available, and I was able to secure one for in store pickup later that day. But don't take that as the gospel, as I've also seen with other products them update it only at 11:00pm the night before for the pickup next day. We'll have to see which method they follow for this release.

4. GBR macrumors 6502

Historically it's typically been around 1-2pm. However this rMini situation has been kinda crazy, it's like Apple is shipping them out sporadically and stores are throwing them up online whenever they arrive. My local store showed nothing all day yesterday until about 5:30pm they showed stock of all wifi models. Bummer is I'm waiting for a Verizon LTE unit and my store has yet to receive a single LTE model whereas many stores across the US received LTE units yesterday...

All of that to say, at this point you should probably be checking every 30 min at least if you want a chance to get one in store.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

It's real time whenever a store "checks in" its daily shipment.

6. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Just past 2pm, and the Somerset location in Detroit (48098) just updated their stock. They just got a bunch of Cellular rMini's in...

7. sleepyking macrumors 6502

Specifically 11-11:15a and 3-3:15 PST here in LA.
    Once I keep refreshing on the first 2-3 min the avail abilities become green. Have done this for the 5, 5S, and rMini

8. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Yes but.

I walked into an Apple Store today and they ONLY way you can buy one is via their online tool. Because of this, when the store gets rMinis in, they generally update their stock immediately.

9. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Nice to see someone else in the area! Waiting a 64GB wifi only to come in at this location or at Twelve Oaks or Partridge Creek.

10. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Technically he/she is "competition".

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Unsure of what the "yes but" is for. I said exactly what you said... inventory is reflected as each store gets it in.

12. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

Nah, I wanted a cellular version, so no competition here!

BTW - Did you try Best Buy? I called a couple last night, and they had a bunch of Wifi only, but no cellular. I called the Rochester Hills Best Buy, the Madison Heights Best Buy, and the Lakeside Mall Best Buy. Maybe give those a try? Good luck Nanogirl. Hope you find one!

13. DaveOP macrumors 65816

Seems to update all day. I was able to snag a 16gb SG ATT LTE version just now in Oakbrook, IL

14. GBR macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if Apple stores ever get shipments on Saturdays?