Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Guys,

Does Apple update the stock availability for all stores at one time each day or do they update each store individually whenever they get a shipment?

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Guys,

Does Apple update the stock availability for all stores at one time each day or do they update each store individually whenever they get a shipment?

I think it's whenever they get shipments, but I know in the Detroit area, the Somerset store tends to get shipments in the late morning, and if past history is any indicator, I've seen them tend to update the online inventory around the 1-2pm timeframe. That's what I noticed yesterday, when i checked in the morning, and there were no rMini's, but at 2pm I happened to check again, and there were a few units available, and I was able to secure one for in store pickup later that day. But don't take that as the gospel, as I've also seen with other products them update it only at 11:00pm the night before for the pickup next day. We'll have to see which method they follow for this release.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Historically it's typically been around 1-2pm. However this rMini situation has been kinda crazy, it's like Apple is shipping them out sporadically and stores are throwing them up online whenever they arrive. My local store showed nothing all day yesterday until about 5:30pm they showed stock of all wifi models. Bummer is I'm waiting for a Verizon LTE unit and my store has yet to receive a single LTE model whereas many stores across the US received LTE units yesterday...

All of that to say, at this point you should probably be checking every 30 min at least if you want a chance to get one in store.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Just past 2pm, and the Somerset location in Detroit (48098) just updated their stock. They just got a bunch of Cellular rMini's in...

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Specifically 11-11:15a and 3-3:15 PST here in LA.
Once I keep refreshing on the first 2-3 min the avail abilities become green. Have done this for the 5, 5S, and rMini

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
It's real time whenever a store "checks in" its daily shipment.

Yes but.

I walked into an Apple Store today and they ONLY way you can buy one is via their online tool. Because of this, when the store gets rMinis in, they generally update their stock immediately.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Yes but.

I walked into an Apple Store today and they ONLY way you can buy one is via their online tool. Because of this, when the store gets rMinis in, they generally update their stock immediately.

Unsure of what the "yes but" is for. I said exactly what you said... inventory is reflected as each store gets it in.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Technically he/she is "competition".

Nah, I wanted a cellular version, so no competition here!

BTW - Did you try Best Buy? I called a couple last night, and they had a bunch of Wifi only, but no cellular. I called the Rochester Hills Best Buy, the Madison Heights Best Buy, and the Lakeside Mall Best Buy. Maybe give those a try? Good luck Nanogirl. Hope you find one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.