When I click the "Pictures" folder, it opens up the Terminal window. Why?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Amnesiac1, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Amnesiac1 macrumors 6502

I think I may have deleted a few files from my Pictures folder that had to do with iPhoto. Ever since, I find I cannot open my Pictures folder normally. It is now a package file instead of a folder like the Music or Documents folder. So, when I try to open it from the sidebar or within the finder, it opens up a terminal message.... "Pictures -- bash -- 80x24" ... why is this?

If I right-click and select "Open Enclosing Photo" and then, "Show Package Contents", I can see what's inside and gain access to my iPhoto library and whatnot, but I can't simply click the "Pictures" folder without getting that annoying terminal message. Does this have something to do with what I deleted from iPhoto? My Pictures folder has "iChat Icons", "iPhoto Library" and "Photo Booth Library"... is something crucial missing that will allow the Pictures folder to operate normally (that is, allow it to simply open when I click it isntead of giving me a terminal message)?

Thanks in advance.

2. Amnesiac1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Seems like an unusual problem, huh? Hopefully someone here knows what's going on.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Please don't double post (although, this is a better forum for this thread).

Instead, ask mods to move it.

Please see my reply in your original thread.

4. vmachiel macrumors 68000

do you have a time machine back-up, might be the only way out of this

5. Amnesiac1 thread starter macrumors 6502

No, I don't have a backup.

I have iPhoto folder items from another computer, though... can I just transfer those? Will it remedy the problem?

6. Amnesiac1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it possible to re-install iPhoto? I don't my iMac came with any install discs...