Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comdex

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
London
I think will be next week :) or to be honest my mind is considering skipping the GM and go to release directly followed by a quick 10.8.1 a week or two later.

Thats how I see it....

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
Probably Monday, last year new iOS betas and the Lion GM were released on Fridays but this year they were released on a Monday, as was the ML security update and iOS 6 beta 2. The 9th is our date, and if not and they break from tradition, my final guess would be Friday the 13th, next week.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
So I was on this chat. And it had this bot that you can ask Yes and No question and it answers it lol

Me: Will Mountain Lion GM release over the weekend?
Bot: NO!
Me: Will it release on Monday?
Bot: No.
Me: Will it release tonight?
Bot: Yes.
Me: ....it has spoken :D

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
So I was on this chat. And it had this bot that you can ask Yes and No question and it answers it lol

Me: Will Mountain Lion GM release over the weekend?
Bot: NO!
Me: Will it release on Monday?
Bot: No.
Me: Will it release tonight?
Bot: Yes.
Me: ....it has spoken :D

It must be true :eek: lol

----------

Really hope it's launched soon. Messages beta is giving me a headache; could someone confirm that with the later version that the iPhone stops making noises if you're using messages on the mac (iMessage)? It drives me insane...:(

SirithX

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
San Francisco
I'm pretty sure Apple has never released any developer software on a weekend. They do have an internal development schedule they follow, I'm not saying it's not possible, but just speaking from precedents set the past few years, I don't believe they've done it.

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Soon people,

I'm going to install the GM when its leaked on the web after I make a good backup.

Im so excited

If it comes out this week, I have to wait till wensday because I plan to buy a usb drive then.

Major.Robto

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2012
Are you serious:confused: You don't need to tell us what you gonna do..

Who cares... Apple is rolling in cash, I spent almost 1500, on my macbook and on my imac...Dont ask how much I spent. I don't think they would mind if I took a gm from certan sites.

also I dont live in america so antipirate laws don't work the same on me.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Who cares... Apple is rolling in cash, I spent almost 1500, on my macbook and on my imac...Dont ask how much I spent. I don't think they would mind if I took a gm from certan sites.

also I dont live in america so antipirate laws don't work the same on me.

Um...first off he didn't, and you said that after blurting it out already. And why get so defensive. Just brush it off and move on.

I

iFanboy

I still think the end of the month.

People are reporting lag on the new rMBP which is improved but not eradicated with DP4.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple took most of the month to see whether there is any back end improvements they can make.

IMHO, it seems that Apple are really going all out to make ML as perfect as they can from release this time around. There were criticisms of performance problems when Lion was released by some, but all indications show that ML is a really steady ship.

I'm excited :)

Spankey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
NJ
I think the point of the GM is to see if anything can be improved with an update upon launch.

Part of me believes there won't be a GM and maybe the final Developer Preview was the GM. Since this will be an App Store only delivery Apple may just skip the GM. Hope I'm wrong, but...

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011
I think the point of the GM is to see if anything can be improved with an update upon launch.

Part of me believes there won't be a GM and maybe the final Developer Preview was the GM. Since this will be an App Store only delivery Apple may just skip the GM. Hope I'm wrong, but...
Around the time of the release of a GM, isn't there always a 'final warning' mail send to developers with: Get your apps ready for Mountain Lion'?

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
I think it's a fair bet that we'll see a GM seeded between this weekend and next. Apple has to provide at least 2 weeks to developers for final testing on their apps incase any last minute changes frameworks or APIs somehow affected them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.