iPad When is the iPad 2 jailbreak coming out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MultiMediaWill, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I just got the iPad 2 and I was wondering when do you think the iPad 2 jailbreak will be out?

2. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

As far as I know, Comex (@comex) has had it jailbroken since Mar 14th (tethered) and will release it when it's ready for public consumption. Hopefully days, but could be weeks, I guess...

3. UniqueScotsman macrumors newbie

Comex has gotten it jailbroken on the 14th but it still needs a little refining, it is Untethered not tethered as its userland exploit, which means it will work by just following instructions on the ipad then using a mac/pc

4. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Yet another thread started by someone too lazy to do a search!
    impatience and laziness.

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

6. bdavis89 macrumors regular

In all seriousness, its more stupidity. It takes more time and effort to start your own thread and wait for people to answer than it does to simply google.:rolleyes:

7. eyelobes macrumors newbie

I don't think it is laziness as much as it is impatience. After the news that Comex jail broke the iPad 2 there hasn't really been any news or reason why the jailbreak hasn't been released yet. I know, from googling, that he is waiting to package it a little better. But following the various twitter accounts there really hasn't been any news.

My advice, just follow the blogs and they will let you know in a timely matter.

8. holyindian macrumors 6502

I think, none has jailbroken ipad 2 yet. Neither Comex, if he had done it, he wud already pushed it out before anyone could. That draws more respect!!
    I think its more of a photoshopped image!!

9. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Wrong way round - it's userland, therefore WILL be tethered. See explanation here:

http://bit.ly/gN060d

10. peaceActivist macrumors regular

peaceActivist

if it hasn't been said before, then I'll say it. It'll be out when its ready.

You can't rush jailbreaks, there are bugs and glitches that have to be ironed out first. Even then you'd still have to compile it into a nice neat package so idiots won't brick their idevice from not following simple directions that require more than 3 steps. Just have patience and enjoy the OFW while you still can before you jump over to the jailbreak and appreciate its offerings more...when it's released that is.

an easy way to keep up to date is to follow the normal iphone devs and hackers on twitter like geohotz, musclenerd, comex, ...i'm sure there are others, they always post updates and repost news links and such.

11. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Or follow a nice, easy iPhone dev related Twitter list, which includes all the main players, like this one:

http://twitter.com/Aubin/iphone-jailbreak-teams

As has been said, if it was released too soon, with bugs, the very people asking when it's coming out would be the same people complaining that their device got bricked by a buggy jailbreak that was released too early!

12. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

This also allows you to follow all the irrelevant re-tweets comex does, as if anyone cares what he thinks about non-jb topics.

13. themyst macrumors 6502

actually, there are untethered userland jailbreaks. Look at the jailbreakme.com exploit from 4.0 / 4.0.1 for the iPhone 4.

14. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I think you don't know what your talking about, not even a clue.

15. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

+1 for my ignore list.

You have a lot to learn.

16. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Some of you kids need to learn patience. Do you really want to screw up your iPad and have to DFU and restore it? I sure as hell don't!

Relax, the jailbreak will be out eventually.

17. tiresias314 macrumors member

Never. Return your iPad 2 if this will prevent you from enjoying it.

18. bwthor macrumors member

Comex's jailbreak work on 4.3.1?

Anyone heard whether the jailbreak Comex was working on was patched by 4.3.1, or was that just speculation that it would patch the exploit?

19. Cool Hwhip macrumors member

Were you raised as a quitter?

20. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Confirmed that the exploit was patched in 4.3.1:

http://www.iClarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=14471

21. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

22. jacobson00 macrumors member

the ipad 2 just came out. Can you at least give it a month before talking about jailbreak.
    more than 1/5 the world do not have theirs yet. Like people in villages of Africa are waiting, people in Asia as well. People from rural america as well.

Chill

23. outz macrumors 6502

if the devs didn't want people begging for a jailbreak, they wouldn't publish a screenshot weeks and weeks prior to actually releasing it. they get off on it... which is why they do it every single time. threads like this annoy me too, but the best solution is to just ignore them.

24. ccolaco macrumors 6502

25. themyst macrumors 6502

What I don't understand is there is a perfectly good 4.3.0 exploit for the iPad 2. Why the hell can't comex simply release it for those of us who didn't upgrade?