Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaxdude

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2011
I0n1c Gives Jailbreak Untether to iPhone Dev-Team for Release

thought i'd post an update here: I0n1c Gives Jailbreak Untether to iPhone Dev-Team for Release

More info here: iClarified Info'

I think this is just for the iphone...but it could prove useful for the ipad too in the end...

FireSokar

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I0n1c has allready said his exploit has nothing to do with the iPad 2, however I do not see Comex not releasing the 4.3 jailbreak tethered he has for it.

ajjl

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
i think they will never release any 4.3 jb for any idevice except ipad2, cuz 4.3 is buggy, am i right?

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
i think they will never release any 4.3 jb for any idevice except ipad2, cuz 4.3 is buggy, am i right?

What bugs do you have? I have no issues 4.3 vs 4.3.1... But for patching the exploit I don't think Apple would have released 4.3.1

ajjl

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2011
What bugs do you have? I have no issues 4.3 vs 4.3.1... But for patching the exploit I don't think Apple would have released 4.3.1

4.3 have my ipod4 screen flashing and it drain the battery fast from what i heard on iClarified?

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
4.3 have my ipod4 screen flashing and it drain the battery fast from what i heard on iClarified?

Oh, so when you say it has bugs, you're simply repeating what you hear from others, not actually coming up with any sort of actual original thought based on personal experience? How very American of you.

LOL. Seriously. I have an iPad 2 ... no flickering or battery draining fast, you're actually the first I've heard of it.

My only "issue" with 4.3 is that it's still an iPad, and I'm getting sick of looking at this thing. I have a Xoom too and LOVE it... need to pick one or the other to go back to the store cause carrying both suck. I have a feeling the iPad is going back because I don't believe anyone's going to have a jailbreak for 4.3 in the next several weeks.

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
Oh, so when you say it has bugs, you're simply repeating what you hear from others, not actually coming up with any sort of actual original thought based on personal experience? How very American of you.
LOL. Seriously. I have an iPad 2 ... no flickering or battery draining fast, you're actually the first I've heard of it.

My only "issue" with 4.3 is that it's still an iPad, and I'm getting sick of looking at this thing. I have a Xoom too and LOVE it... need to pick one or the other to go back to the store cause carrying both suck. I have a feeling the iPad is going back because I don't believe anyone's going to have a jailbreak for 4.3 in the next several weeks.

+1 on that. I hate when people jump on the bandwagon.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
+1 on that. I hate when people jump on the bandwagon.

When I was visiting my grandma a couple years ago I asked her who she was voting for, she said Hillary Clinton... I asked why.... she said "Because Obama is a Terrorist" ... wow, news to me... not a fan but not a hater, lol. I asked where she'd heard that, and she said the news. I asked her to clarify and she said "All my ladyfriends are talking about it... Fox News discovered he had ties to terrorists in the middle east" ...

Fortunately for her, I was quickly able to "enlighten" her to reality.

Unfortunately for so many, especially in forums like this, people repeat what they hear. Twice today already I've run into people saying there are issues with devices they don't have. They get that info from somewhere... so comon, consider your sources before you post. While MR community is a good source, it's not necessarily accurate. Unless you come up with an original thought, don't stated it as fact, precede it with "in my opinion, based on......"

If you want to just propagate BS and repeat what others have said, return your apple product, because iPhone is clearly a defective product thanks to Consumer Reports opinion that it's unable to place calls because of it's antenna design. Oh, and cancel cable, because Disney Corporation is a bigot corporation who hates all jews, muslims, and gay people. LOL, ugh, people, don't be sheep.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
Question: What's the difference between a tethered & untethered jailbreak? :p I don't know much about it.

Do you know what a tetherball is?

What's the difference between a tetherball and a ball? A cord\cable\string.

Tethered = when you reboot it has to be connected to your PC

Untethered = when you reboot it doesn't have to be.

You should google the question next time, don't be lazy.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Do you know what a tetherball is?

What's the difference between a tetherball and a ball? A cord\cable\string.

Tethered = when you reboot it has to be connected to your PC

Untethered = when you reboot it doesn't have to be.

You should google the question next time, don't be lazy.
Calm down.

GTmauf

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
How does "Yes" translate into "will be available soon"? Did I miss/overlook something.

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
How does "Yes" translate into "will be available soon"? Did I miss/overlook something.

Ugh, I had seen their facebook post and took it for face value... then I just actually read the link...

Where does it say 4.3.1? All it says is "YES" not "Yes, Soon"... and not "Yes, Soon, 4.3.1" ... I hate when "tech news" sites assume things just because they want them to be so. How annoying is that. Sure I'm guilty of reading too much into the headline, but it's annoying they wrote the article based on this one word "YES"

GTmauf

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2011
Haha, I totally agree bella, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.