Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xavierpunkreno

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2010
I'll agree with you. It ain't coming today. While I am very grateful that Comex is working on something, I am a little ticked at myself for believing that it would come soon. I wonder why he told everyone to update to 4.3.3 if it wasn't going to be released today.

Isn't it pretty obvious? He wants you to upgrade and save your blobs because chances are he won't have it out by the time Apple releases 4.3.4. He wants to make sure you can jailbreak when the time comes.

DN7335

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Isn't it pretty obvious? He wants you to upgrade and save your blobs because chances are he won't have it out by the time Apple releases 4.3.4. He wants to make sure you can jailbreak when the time comes.

Doesn't make sense, you don't have to upgrade to save blobs. I think he intends to release soon, the information on sauriks twitter confirms he's busting it to get done.

bind777

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2011
Having a rough day?

Hahah not at all actually. Believe me I would love to free my baby and get some SNES HD action goin already.

I was just picturing the overwhelming irony and depression as a result of a massive bricking which would cause me to burst out into laughter.

When it does come out I will be waiting a good 3-5 days to let all the guinea pigs report any bugs/failures.

Cify

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2011
Irvine, CA
Should I upgrade my stock 4.3 to 4.3.3 or will it work for both?
I kind of think it will work since the leak did right?
I would have used that one but I have a 3G model.
Thanks!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

I've been saying this numerous times, but I suppose it bears repeating again: YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE TO 4.3.3 in order to save the blob. You can just connect your iPad to your computer and run TinyUmbrella, and it will save the blob for 4.3.3, no matter what firmware your iPad is on.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I agree with those who say just save your blobs. You will have plenty of time to update should the jb ever come out. From now on, I am going to just enjoy having a great iPad2, though it won't be jailbroken.

rnystery

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2011
I've been saying this numerous times, but I suppose it bears repeating again: YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE TO 4.3.3 in order to save the blob. You can just connect your iPad to your computer and run TinyUmbrella, and it will save the blob for 4.3.3, no matter what firmware your iPad is on.

I see.. cause the latest version and blahbity blah..

anyways thx for the info! :)

pwny

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011

Correct, BUT where I am a touch confused, is that I have heard repeatedly that even with saved blobs, if you have a 3G then you won't be able to downgrade? (due to bootrom?)

If so, if you are on 4.3.2 for example (with 4.3.3 blobs saved) then JB for 4.3.3 comes out, apple released 4.3.4 can you still upgrade to only 4.3.3 and hence JB?

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2010
Correct, BUT where I am a touch confused, is that I have heard repeatedly that even with saved blobs, if you have a 3G then you won't be able to downgrade? (due to bootrom?)

If so, if you are on 4.3.2 for example (with 4.3.3 blobs saved) then JB for 4.3.3 comes out, apple released 4.3.4 can you still upgrade to only 4.3.3 and hence JB?

Yes.

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Ok...
COMEX PLEASE RELEASE THE FREAKING JAILBREAK!!! I AM SO TIRED OF BEING ANXIOUS AND HITTING REFRESH ON EVERY DEVICE I HAVE EVERY 15 SECONDS TO SEE IF IT'S BEEN RELEASED!! PLEASE SO THAT WE CAN GET BACK TO OUR LIVES!!

Ok, vented, feel a litte better now :D. No really, sometimes I wonder why am I so obsessed about this?! Guess it's the way we've all been lead with all the teasers and all the other talk from blogs. I know it'll be awesome once it released.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Ok...
COMEX PLEASE RELEASE THE FREAKING JAILBREAK!!! I AM SO TIRED OF BEING ANXIOUS AND HITTING REFRESH ON EVERY DEVICE I HAVE EVERY 15 SECONDS TO SEE IF IT'S BEEN RELEASED!! PLEASE SO THAT WE CAN GET BACK TO OUR LIVES!!

Ok, vented, feel a litte better now :D. No really, sometimes I wonder why am I so obsessed about this?! Guess it's the way we've all been lead with all the teasers and all the other talk from blogs. I know it'll be awesome once it released.

That's exactly how I feel. I feel bad about feeling that way, too. I feel like I am some kind of spoiled brat that doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

Chorx

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
I'm extremely excited to see what situation warrants i0n1c whipping out elevat0r. I dont think these next gen ios devices will stay jailed very long.

NTeggerdine

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2011
Montrose Iowa
That's exactly how I feel. I feel bad about feeling that way, too. I feel like I am some kind of spoiled brat that doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

Couple reasons we feel this was. First I honestly get so bored on my Apple devices now unless they are jailbroken since I jail broke my first iPhone it's been that way with me. Second, we are strung along a bit during the development stage and it keeps building the excitement. It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy if you think about it.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Couple reasons we feel this was. First I honestly get so bored on my Apple devices now unless they are jailbroken since I jail broke my first iPhone it's been that way with me. Second, we are strung along a bit during the development stage and it keeps building the excitement. It's actually a brilliant marketing strategy if you think about it.

If Saturday hadn't happened, we might not be going through this. Comex feels rushed to get something out before it could be too late. Because of this, I'm back to being ticked off big time at MMW and the other person who leaked the jb on Saturday. I pride myself on being someone who never gives up on anything, but this is a rare occasion where I do give up. Comex ain't going to release this any time soon. I wonder, like other people have mentioned before, whether he is just playing us. I look forward to seeing what i0n1c, p0sixninja , or whomever can do.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I'm extremely excited to see what situation warrants i0n1c whipping out elevat0r. I dont think these next gen ios devices will stay jailed very long.

If there are a lot more problems jailbreaking the iPad2 than with the iPhone4, I wonder what will happen with the iPhone5 and iPad3.

Stormcruzerlore

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
Minnasota
Jailbreak

Im not in a big hurry to jailbreak as this would be my first time doing so but if comex says to back up shsh blobs then do it and dont argu he oviusly has a reasion for us to do it but that does not mean he is reling the jailbreak soon i respect the guy iv known him for three weeks now i am like every one exited about the jailbreak its ibtresting to think of what i can do once its jailbreak time

Sorry if you had truble reading this i have a spelling disability and i am typeing this from my ipad i havent gotten a compleate tuch for the tuch screen capabilities yet...

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Maybe it's just kinda hard to fix all these bugs by yourself. I agree though, I decided not to hold my breath on this jailbreak... it happens when it happens.

Yup agree with ya there. Guess I feel like we shouldn't be led on with the "be back soon" and so on, as been mentioned 100 times already. I really need to just get a life and stop checking the forums lol.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Yup agree with ya there. Guess I feel like we shouldn't be led on with the "be back soon" and so on, as been mentioned 100 times already. I really need to just get a life and stop checking the forums lol.

I wish I said that and as politely as you did.

Antec

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Australia
At this point I fell like I want to die. I want the jailbreak to come out now, but I highly doubt that it will. FML.

Last edited:

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
if you are hitting refresh every minute, you really need to reset your life priorities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.