When new MBPs are released

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greytmom, Jan 21, 2011.

1. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

do current models get a price reduction, or do they just disappear altogether? I've never actually noticed what happens in that situation, except with the iPhone.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Disappear altogether usually. The store goes down whenever products are announced so people don't order a laptop that will be made obsolete in a few minutes. You'll see a lot of them pop up in the Refurbished Mac section, however.

3. simsaladimbamba

They mostly get sold before, as Apple is quite efficient with its distribution channels (Apple Retail Stores). The models, that are not sold yet, move to the Refurbished section of the Apple Online Store.
    What other retailers do with their inventory is up to them.

Btw, this gets asked almost daily (second thread today), maybe you can use MRoogle to find similar threads for future questions of yours.

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

They'll also go into clearance, but Apple is so good at supply chain management that you rarely see them there.

5. greytmom thread starter macrumors 68040

greytmom

Nah, but I appreciate the response up to the "stop posting repeat questions" plea.

<--- does as she pleases.

6. shoebobs macrumors regular

After new models are released, check Amazon or other resellers.

When the unibody was first introduced in late 2008, I got a 15" model of the previous generation for around $300 less. They went quick though, pretty sure they sold out the same day the new ones were announced, so be ready to jump on it.

7. aCondor macrumors 6502

You must have cats. Lots of them. All over the house. :D.