When Other People See My iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoneHome, Aug 8, 2007.

1. iPhoneHome macrumors 6502

They Say/Ask _________?

Just wondering what other people ask you. I predominantly get "what don't you like about it"?

2. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

ive gotten plenty of "omg is that an iPhone???" and i usually have a really stupid answer for them.

3. carman63 macrumors regular

"How do you like it?"

"How do you like it?" is the most common question I get, followed by likes/dislikes, what did I use before the iPhone, etc.

4. AVMasterpiece macrumors newbie

I usually get the "How do you like it", but I recently got, "I heard those things suck." I usually say, in the most smug way possible, "It's a phone."

5. timmypv15 macrumors regular

I usually get "How much was it" and then "You are crazy, I would never spend that much on a phone."

but i also get a lot of "Do you like it"

6. somberlaine macrumors member

This old lady asked me in the metro if that was an ipod. I told her it was an iphone...she said ohh yeah how much u pay per month for that thing?

7. yoman macrumors 6502a

yoman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C25 Safari/419.3)

The question I usually get

Is that an iPhone?

One time though an elderly woman asked me Is that made by Blackberry? To which I replied no its from Apple. She just laughed her head off. She was unaware that I was serious and not kidding.

8. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

9. PJF13 macrumors member

I get...

"You have an iPhone?! That's cool, I hear the service is really bad with those..."

10. diabolic macrumors 68000

I got that from one guy and responded with "that's what Verizon is hoping you'll believe, but in my experience it isn't true." Not a single dropped call and great coverage everywhere I personally have been so far.

Most people have asked how I like it and are impressed once they use it. I think I've been responsible for 5 people deciding to buy one.

11. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yes people like to hear the negative things about the iphone. It makes them feel better about themselves for not having one.

12. The General macrumors 601

Is that one of those new internet pods? The iApple?

(No, I'm not joking.)

13. infamous macrumors member

I most recently got

"Is that the new iPhone?"

14. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

I usually get, "how do you like it?"...followed closely by, "how long did you wait in line?"

My answers are always, "I love it! Here let me give you a quick demo." This always elicits comments about how cool it is and how great the screen is. I'm sometimes asked about AT&T coverage, and I can honestly tell them that it has been excellent for me...even in more remote areas. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

As for my wait time...I tell them ZERO. I waited three weeks, walked into my local Apple store and bought one on the spot.

:D

--DotComCTO

15. r00t4rd3d macrumors newbie

"How much are them things ?"

"Is service good around here?"

"Is that an iPhone?"

Hot blonde "Can I trade sex for that with you?"

16. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

My wait time was also zero. And it was on June 30th, I just went down to the 5th avenue store and they had plenty:D:D:D:apple::apple::apple:

17. Navintar macrumors member

"Did you have to wait in line?" I got that a lot. It's funny how people assume that there is still a line for iphone even right now.

I got my iphone 4 days after it came out and I didn't have to wait for it.

18. cjandnw macrumors 6502

I usually get: "Is that an iPhone?"
    to which I respond : "yes"

Then I get one of the following in order of frequency:
    --I heard they have a lot of problems...
    --I hear the service sucks...
    --How much was it and did you wait inline?
    and actually...
    --Can you make phone calls on it, i don't see a dial pad?

19. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

And you said 'No. Turns out it DOES have a vibrate function.'

20. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I usually get the normal questions like "how much do you love it?" and what not. But I have actually had quite a few people say, "I've heard there are tons of problems with those." and I usually reply, "like what?" to which they have no response. I then tell them that, no, it is not perfect, but it is a million times better that any of the other smart phones out there, and that they would be stupid to buy anything else because it will only get better from here.

21. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I get:

Wow is that the iPhone!!! That is so cool looking. I am waiting till christmas because I heard that this one has sooooooooooooooooo many problems it has (and I can't stress how dead serious they are and how much they about how many problems they hear). I hear scratched screens, the touch screen doesn't work, the service is really bad, the speaker quality is so crappy, the phone part of the iphone is reliable, that the phone crashes all the time -- that is all I can remember at the moment, but there has been a million more -- It has actually gotten so bad I have tried to stop bringing out my iPhone.

Now this is also in California (no offense to what I am about to say), but that state, the LA area is a very "bragging" part of California and I find a lot of new it Toys get bad mouthed/people jealously mean about stuff since they don't have it yet.

Now I was in Nebraska and you should have saw the responses. "Holy crap is that the iPhone. Do you like it? Is it awesome? Does it work well? God it looks amazing? -- I'll get people so impressed and with so many questions that they can't even keep from all the questions spilling out.

I am in Texas now for 3 weeks. I will be interested to see the response I get hear.

EDIT: When people bad mouth the iPhone to me, I respond usually with something like: "No those are all false. People always bad mouth anything that has a lot of hype or whatever. The phone works flawlessly and I have never felt so satisfied with a phone/mini computer. Yes I said a mini computer because the iPhone has cut my computer usage in half because it handles email and web phenomenally. And the best part about this phone?" I say, "Is that fact that a software update with new features will make this phone even better!"

The usually respond with something like. "Oh that is pretty interesting."

22. The General macrumors 601

Whenever I hear the "easily scratchable" lie, I usually whip out my pocket knife and show them that they are profoundly wrong.

You can pick out the MS fanboys vs. the normal people because the normal people usually cringe or tell me not to do it. :)

I still have no scratches on my screen. :cool:

23. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I mostly get the "How do you like it?" which I don't particularly like because I don't really know how to respond. My real feeling is "I've never been more impressed with a purchase in my life, and it's the best $600 I've ever spent". I don't say that because I think it would sound weird, so I usually just tell them I like it a lot. I've given a few people demos.

A few people have said "I've heard they have lots of problems" to which I reply, "Like what?" or, "Nope, I've had no problems at all with mine, works great". The media has apparently run a bunch of stories about how the iPhone is having lots of problems, but it seems like it has all been generated by Anti-Apple people and people jealous of iPhones because of the high price. The only real problem has been the activation trouble over launch weekend I think.

24. Justin205 macrumors newbie

Most of the time - "Hey man, how do you like your iPhone?"

A couple of "Oh my God, I love your phone!"'s

25. Rumorist macrumors newbie

One time at a convention a complete stranger with a Treo saw me taking photos with my iPhone and started bombarding me with questions. Do you like it? Do you mind the smudges? How would you compare it to other phones? Have you had a Treo? How do you like the keys? Is the Internet fast? How do you like Safari? Do you think the price is worth it? Do you mind that you can't easily access the battery?

This guy interrogated me for like 15 minutes but he actually answered most of his questions. It turns out he knows more about the iPhone than I do. Go figure.