when the 32gb iphone is gonna be released??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alam, Jun 15, 2008.

1. alam macrumors regular

alam

hey guys
    i'm very excited to get the new 3g iphone, but the problem is that i have 19.50 gb of music in my itunes library :eek:
    so i'm wondering when the iphone 3g 32 gb is going to be available??
    and
    if i bought the iphone 3g 8gb in the next few weeks, well there be a way up size the space of my iphone and make it 32gb??
    even if i have to wait until the 32gb iphone is released??
    tnx

2. SRSound macrumors 6502

As I understand it, there's only room on the circuit board for one chip (1x16GB) while in the touch there's room for two (2x16GB) due to the lack of the cell radio, etc. There wont be a 32GB iphone until a chip manufacturer makes a 32GB single chip - I'm not sure if that's happening yet or not.

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Only Apple knows and they're not telling.....

4. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

well does apple manufacturer these chips or they get it from other manufacturer companies??

5. randomusername macrumors 6502

No, all of the SSDs (I'm fairly certain that it's for all flash based products) are made by Samsung.

6. Rigsby macrumors regular

How many people actually NEED to have that size of library with them?

I used to be quite anal about having my entire music library with me, so stuck with the full sized iPods (I needed around 30gig). But actually, with some ratings and some realism, I get more than enough on there to last me days - and use some smart playlists to freshen up the music every time I sync.

7. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Why would apple want to spend money on the research and development of making chips etc. Also they would be competing against MASSIVE companies that have this chip business down to a fine art.

Apple would not waste there money or time.

As for the 32GB iPhone it could come out just before xmas but if the chips aren't available then thats not going to happen. But it will be out asap.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

i'm thinking around January '09 MWSF for 32GB & Video iChat with Frontside Camera. :cool:

9. grndslm macrumors member

I think that's the upgrade I'll be waiting for. Hopefully it's out before Christmas, tho. Then I'd actually be able to buy it in January.

10. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

im pretty sure theres no way they update the hardware of the iphone before the same time next year. we might get the 32gb iphone at xmas, but theres no way theyre adding a front-side camera

11. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

well actually i have sony ericsson with a front side camara, and i never used it in my life, so i'll wait for the new 32gb iphone to be released.

hey guys i've never though about it, but iphone are cheap 199$, so i can buy 1 now and then when xmas comes i can sell it or keep it for emergencies :D

hey i changed my mind!!! i'm going for the iphone 8gb and then when the 32gb is available i'll have it :D

thanks every one for your help :D

12. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Wanting a 32GB iPhone is much less about music and almost all about video. We also don't like having to decide beforehand what's stored on the device. I had a 30GB iPod for 2 years and I'm just used to having every single song I own.

13. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

well every 1 choose what it suit for his best needs, and i think the best for me is 32gb, not only music and video, but also you have pictures and programs and many files and messages that needs space :D

but hey... apple started with 1st ipod classic with 5 gb, and now it's 160 gb, thats 32 times in just in 6 years, so i think the iphone will be going in the same way, and actually faster :cool:

14. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

Everyone is forgetting the applications now. With the App Store coming in 2.0 I'm sure that 16GB will fill up alot faster with all the new Games and Applications downloaded.

15. deniser macrumors 6502

deniser

16. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Back when I had my first iPod (3rd Gen 40GB) I could fit my entire music library on it which I really liked. However, my music library has grown to such a stage that no iPod other than the biggest classic could store it all. Consequently I got used to using playlists and so on and dropped down to an 8GB Nano and it wasn't as big a hardship as I first imagined.

17. Smin macrumors newbie

You do realize that when you get your first 8gb iphone, you'll be signing up for a 2 year contract. So when you try and get the 32gb version, you will be paying full price for it since you'll be in your current contract and not eligible for a subsidized price on the 32gb phone.

18. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

19. alam thread starter macrumors regular

alam

well i've never bought an iphone, so i guess i'll better waiting for the 32gb :p

20. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

time to upgrade again! :D

21. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

22. buccsmf1 macrumors 6502

ya, he's right, if you want a 32gb for the subsidized price you won't be able to buy the 8 or 16, you're just going to have to wait it out.

23. yode macrumors 6502

or you can sell your 8/16 gb iphone 3g, and then get the new iphone 32gb when it comes out for a price close to subsidized ...

24. ayeshadotmac macrumors newbie

ayeshadotmac

But can you buy the 3g iPhone without having to activate it in the store? This way, I can sell it right away and save up for the 32 GB iPhone. :confused:

25. yode macrumors 6502