When the GM comes out, I will be elated if . . .

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gogurt48, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I really like iOS 7 for the most part, but I can think of a few changes that would have me dancing in the street:

1) A redesign of most of the icons, with a toned-down color palette.

2) An improved dock. Much more translucent, or even tinted instead of blurred.

3) Subtle shadows here and there, especially behind the icons and their titles.

What are the changes/surprises you most hope to see in the GM?

2. canadianpj macrumors 6502

I would like to see a lot of things, however I do like iOS7.

However, you have a 0.0% chance of any of what you`re looking for coming out in the GM.

3. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

I have this strange feeling that we will get a "re-release" of the iOS 7 at the iPhone event.

If things do change, its a great opportunity for them to talk about why the changes were made and what you will be getting when you put iOS 7 on your phone (assuming your not a developer).

Thats just me wishful thinking. I love it the way it is already, but I do think there are room for improvements, and I wouldn't be opposed to all you have listed here.

4. utwarreng macrumors 6502

utwarreng

5. Zerilos macrumors 6502a

Agreed, none of these changes will be present in the GM. The good news is that nealy all the complaints about iOS 7 are about aesthetics rather than performance.

6. haydn! macrumors 6502a

The iPhone event always features a bit of re-introduction of iOS. It's usually just the same as the developers one, but with a bit more consumer spin. Get's a bit boring though if you've seen the developer keynote already.

7. nheilweil macrumors 6502a

nheilweil

Amen to that brother! I hope that someday we get an iOS 7 jailbreak just so I can get BiteSMS back!

8. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

0% chance of them re-releasing iOS 7, there would be a lot more bugs introduced and more work for developers, what you see on the apple site is what we are getting for the most part, maybe some small tweaks here and there including the icons possibly.

9. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Oh for sure. Even more boring after you've spent a summer usuing it on your daily phone and its already your "normal."

I meant more along the lines of like "We changed the icons again a bit" or "We listened to your feedback and added some shadows." Things like that. It is truly the first time we've seen how they put together a new OS since we obviously weren't a part of iOS 1.

10. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

i hope they redesign the settings menu again.. i liked how it was before beta 5 came out.

11. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Exactly. I wouldn't be expecting any huge changes to the OS. That would defeat the purpose of the 6 betas we just tested.

More aesthetic changes than anything. And I'm being really optimistic at that either way.

12. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

im just expecting bug fixes at this point to be honest, more noticeable changes in iOS 7.1 maybe?

13. wolsoncpa macrumors member

wolsoncpa

I don't mean to be flippant or mean, but I wonder why so many people are so focused on how the dock looks. It just seems like such a minor thing... I'd much rather Apple focus more on adding new features than making the OS look pretty. The split should be 65% focused on features/35% focused on looks.

14. haydn! macrumors 6502a

That won't happen, it's only a small, but very vocal, minority calling for change. Apple very very rarely admits getting things wrong. If any changes in that respect, it will be quietly.

15. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

16. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

I'd like all these things, but, we both know, that's not gonna happen :-(

17. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise

I'll keep lobbying for this (I seem to be the only one) bringing back the FB and Twitter quick reply buttons and search the web in spotlight option.

18. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

Real multi tasking. Like the Cydia tweak Quasar. At least on the iPad will do. Doubt it will happen, though.

19. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Cosmetic changes are nice, but the only things that could have me dancing out on the street are functionality changes like SMS quick reply, for one. iOS 7 is a great change but for the most part it's cosmetic.

20. Gogurt48 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Better yet, the ability to interrupt the animations.

21. C DM macrumors Westmere

That and/or faster animations.

Quick reply would be a nice bonus too.

22. Cougarcat macrumors 604

What I want:

-Smaller font size in NC
    -Subdued color palette (especially get rid of that horrid green)
    -Quick Reply with API support for Textie, WhatsApp, etc (so, not happening)
    -Option to rotate movies to widescreen without having to disable portrait lock, like in the Youtube app.
    -Siri should display text as you speak, like Google voice.
    -A heavily revised Music app. Get rid of the white, reduce the overabundant/oversized album art. Add support for Up Next.
    -Tone down the translucency a bit

What we'll see:

--Fingerprint sensor support for 5S
    --Newfangled camera features

23. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

24. MetalMatt24 macrumors regular

MetalMatt24

better gimme my unlock sound back or heads are gunna fly! :eek:

25. nicholc2 macrumors newbie

I really have only two real asks that I know won't be there:

1. Some kind of way to tell how many safari tabs I have opened at any given time without having to click the icon to open the pages opened view.
    2. More granular control over iTunes Radio/App updates. I don't want updates OTA without WiFi, but I do want iTunes Radio OTA without WiFi. As it stands now it's one or the other. For that reason alone I am sticking with Pandora and haven't been using iTunes Radio.