Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
Wow, fast, straight to the point, and helpful. Apple's Support Team just got a lot better. :p

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Weird. I just had nearly the exact same conversation with the same Apple chat rep (screen cap below)

Haha, nice, I guess everyone is out to lunch while she holds up the fort to ward off all us pesky Mac Pro customers.

hlipnick

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
This needs to be front page material now...

I submitted it. We'll see what happens. Actually...I hope that means shipping the 9th, not just available for order. Let's see if Apple support pulls through for me again...I'll be back in a second

EDIT: Darn, chat isn't available at the moment. I'll check back again in a bit.
Peace,

-Harry

rajbonham

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2010
What the heck? When I chatted with a rep just now, he said they didn't know when they would be available. Oh well, at this point, it's pretty obvious we will be able to at least order them on August 9th! :)

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I submitted it. We'll see what happens. Actually...I hope that means shipping the 9th, not just available for order. Let's see if Apple support pulls through for me again...I'll be back in a second

Peace,

-Harry

Cool, sounds good.

A week and a half ain't that bad :)

hlipnick

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010
Cool, sounds good.

A week and a half ain't that bad :)

Okay. Called them on the phone. The rep read me the memo verbatim and it says "New Mac Pro family available for order August 9th." So, hopefully that means order the 9th, shipping the 9th or 10th, but she could not confirm that, or whether this would be a pre-order or not on the 9th. So, patience for a week and a half, and then we'll know.
Peace,

-Harry

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
My guess is 24 hour shipping on the 9th when they first come out. But with BTO options, it might be a little longer for shipping.

hlipnick

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010

Peace,

-Harry

Up on frontpage and confirmed by MR. Check it out.
Peace,

-Harry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.