When to buy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fenderjag, Oct 22, 2009.

1. fenderjag macrumors newbie

Will their be a new macbook pro out by Christmas?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. Scippy macrumors regular

5. fenderjag thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

thanks for the answers and one more question i just joined this website. How do i view all my posts

6. cababah macrumors 68000

I would wait to buy it since it is mid-cycle. As people state, nothing major is expected except maybe some minor spec bumps.

7. fatlittlenick macrumors newbie

fatlittlenick

Like said above, now is a really good time to buy, now that apple have dropped the prices of all existing macbook pro's by over $500. Hell, i want to sell my early '08 and get myself a high-range 13".

8. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Click on your name on one of these posts, then "View Public Profile," then "Find all posts by fenderjag."

Or click on "Quick Links" on the menu near the top of the page, then "My Profile," then "Find all posts by fenderjag."

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

I would wait until they are 16:9 like the iMacs

10. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

This is like what, the fifth thread like this today? WTF?

11. fenderjag thread starter macrumors newbie

new macbook pro

When do you think the next generation of macbook pros will come out? I am in no hurry to buy mine. I am happy with my ibook g3.

12. jaredwaynef macrumors member

WHAT?! That's not nearly enough to make sure EVERYONE knows that the new MBP could be coming out anytime soon!! But I want someone with new knowledge or a friend on the inside to announce new MBP tomorrow with Blu-Ray, USB 3.0, WiMax, Super 1080p screens, and a HUGE price drop!! MUST.... MAKE.... MORE..... THREADS!!!!
    ;)

So this reply isn't completely useless, I don't think we should expect anything until Mid January at the very earliest. Even that may not be a huge refresh, probably just a spec bump IMO...

13. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

No f%@&ing way. How many people are going to ask daily? When you sign up to MacRumors, there is a search function available as soon as your logged in.

[​IMG]

Click it next time and search. This question has been asked many times on the forums and a 10 second search will prevent you from making a new thread that no one really wants to reply to because there are several others asking the same question.

It sounds mean because it is. Just please, search next time.

14. jaredwaynef macrumors member

Stop posting the same question. You (fenderjag) already have another thread you posted asking the same question, essentially.... Only an hour before this one...

15. fenderjag thread starter macrumors newbie

Quad Core macbook pros?

Everyone says that the next generation of macbook pros will come out in January and have a quad core processor. Does this mean the every macbook pro will have a quad core even the 13"?

16. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Most probably not, as many threads already assumed, as the smaller form factor will have issues with the heat disposal of the mightier Quad Core CPUs.
    It could also be an incentive to buy the higher end models, as those CPUs will have a higher price at first.

17. fenderjag thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

one more question. When do you think the next generation of macbook pros will come out? Allot of people say january.

18. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Joke topic right?

19. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Apple updates its mobile computers every 6-9 months, as the last update happened in June 2009, updates will probably occur from January till March 2010.

That they get Quad Core CPUs is only rumored, as Apple, like many other companies doesn't reveals its product refreshment plans to the public.

Wait and see, or if you need a computer now, buy now.

20. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I am looking forward to being able to buy a portable frying pan in January. It would be great to be able to cook bacon on the go, and a quad core MBP is just the thing I need to do that. I bet they will advertise their new nonstick coating for the aluminum surface.

21. jaredwaynef macrumors member

Stop asking this question.. I'm not being general either. You(fenderjag) have posted this exact same question in at least 2 other threads that I can think of. Read the other hundreds of threads relating to the topic. NO ONE ON HERE KNOWS FOR SURE ANYTHING ABOUT A RENEWAL. Stop asking. These threads are starting to get annoying!

22. PodHead macrumors member

PodHead

LMAO!!! So true...;)

23. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I know! There will be quads, on a tuesday, but I'm not telling which!

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If it was just a CPU swap into the Nvidia chipset, it would happen as soon as the CPUs met Apple's price/system specs.

Since there is a new chipset involved, that will take a bit longer.

However since the iMac is leading this time around, who knows. :confused:

Gots to wait for an i5/7 teardown to see which chips are used, it they are the desktop versions ... that would be a case of monkey fur caught in the wrench.

If they are mobile qualified parts, expect the MBP 17 to get it soon with a outside chance at the 15.