When we get the iPhone 5 by mail than...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 30, 2011.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

how does it have service ? do they put it automatically or do we have to do it ourself.. do we sign the contract at home or do we have to go to the apple store to do it there? and when ios5 comes would the iphone get locked if we dont activate it

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I believe when you order online you have to do a set up process through the provider before you complete your purchase. I did this in store as well when I picked up my first iPhone 3G. I was starting a new contract.

3. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

It comes ready to use. Power up enter account info and it will activate itself.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You "sign" the contract online when you order it. When you get the device, it already has the SIM linked to your account and you activate it on iTunes.

5. libertysat macrumors regular

You "sign" the contract online when you order it. When you get the device, it already has the SIM linked to your account and you activate it on iTunes.

This

6. RobbySkateboard macrumors regular

I have a question that kind of goes with this so I don't have to start a new thread. Can I pre order it online and have it shipped to me even though I live near an apple store so I don't have to wait in line? (There's no info on this I bet but who knows from last year) And if you pre ordered it last year and had it shipped was it at your house on launch day? I know some rare instances it came earlier than launch day. But is it guaranteed to be at your house the day of launch or not likely at all?

7. JLemm macrumors regular

yes you can pre-order no matter where you live. if you order soon enough you will get the phone ON launch day.. last year some people for them a day early too!

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

No guarantees. You pay your money and take your changes. I got lucky last year, but friends didn't so it's a crap shoot.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

When I got mine via mail, I had to call a number to activate it. If you call on launch day, it'll probably take a while to transfer service from the old sim to the new sim. However, I ordered later and the signal transferred in a matter of minutes. YMMV.

10. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

You guys that are saying its all ready to go when you order it, are you on Verizon?

Every time I've gotten a phone through the mail I've had to call and activate on Verizon's automated line. Never has it been an iPhone though.