When will Apple realize iTunes Match still does not work

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TsMkLg068426, Oct 8, 2014.

1. TsMkLg068426 macrumors 65816

I am just tired of my iTunes not responding because of it, I always have to turn my internet off to get iTunes to launch. I sometimes wonder why I am paying $25 a year for other than to get iTunes Radio with no ads and music in the cloud.

Come on Apple wtf is going on lately none of the updates fix anything they just get worse, Tim Cook turning Apple into Microsoft not good at all.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Something is wrong with your iTunes. I suggest you reinstall it or something. iTunes Match works perfectly for me.

3. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

Can not uninstall it to reinstall it on Mac OS X Mavericks it tells me it is part of my OS.

4. dan1eln1el5en macrumors 6502

dan1eln1el5en

no issues with iTunes match here either.

how about disk permission repair ? or other maintenance tasks ?
    I think you can download and reinstall from apple.com itunes section

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

+1 no match issues for me either. Works perfectly.

6. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Please tell us the exact steps that you take to uninstall iTunes that make Mavericks tell you "it is part of your OS". I have never, ever seen a message like that.

I have seen iTunes Match not making any progress, but I have never seen it stopping iTunes from working.

7. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

I noticed the issue is coming from Podcast when ever I click on it it freezes up my itunes for some quite time until I can listen to a podcast, seems so sort of load issue.

----------

By go to Applications folder and dragging the iTunes App to Trash, I do not see any other way.

8. Alrescha macrumors 68020

I have never had an issue like this. iTunes always launches, and if it has trouble talking to Apple servers for Match, that has no effect on other operations.

A.

9. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

I just noticed as I stated before it seems like a issue with Podcast creating a problem to iTunes Match for some reason, when I deleted all of my podcast the problem went away. Now I resubscribed to Podcast the problem is back so I really can not tell why Podcast has become a problem.

10. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Seems like you might be on to something. I do not do anything with podcasts, so that could explain why I do not see the problem.

A.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

You don't "launch" iTunes Match. It's already there provided you turned it on and synched properly.

The podcasts you speak of. Are they from iTunes or a different source ?

12. TsMkLg068426 thread starter macrumors 65816

No, the podcasts are all from iTunes and when I said "Launch" I was talking about the iTunes app not iTunes Match because I know that it auto syncs when it is on.

Just wanted to add also after ripping CDs now I also notice the auto sync for iTunes Match starts but none of my song get uploaded to iTunes Match it just hangs for some reason, the Cloud icons are still by my songs but until I start the Sync myself to Match none of my ripped music Syncs.

There seems to be something wrong with iTunes Match between the Podcasts.