When will apple start manufacturing the 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pr0230, Oct 16, 2016.

1. pr0230 Suspended

SO Im seeing that people are saying WEEK 41 is a mark for fixing the buzz sound.... Week 40 is the first week of October and it IS October... Does that mean Apple will Start building the 8 Sometime in. January?

2. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

September of 2017.

3. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

I'm not sure where you plucked January from, but anyway...

The rumours of the next iPhone entering production tend to come through in June/July time every year.

That said, this does not mean iPhones start piling up in warehouses at this time. No one gets a new iPhone with a build date of Week 20-something.

These articles are referring to the fact that mass production of new components is beginning at this time. Assembly tends to be much later.

In essence, it depends on your definition of "manufacturing". The 8 will no doubt share some components with the 7, so in that sense is already being manufactured. If your definition is the mass production of new components, then it will probably be June/July time. And if your definition means final assembly, that won't be until at most a few weeks before the announcement.

Of course this is speculation and anything could happen.

4. tekjunkie macrumors 6502

Shoot no. July probably. Remember intel wasn't a know modem provider until late June so probably July at the earliest but I'm betting August. The phones people are receiving tomorrow were made last week.
    When you order from Apple and you get your shipping info then that phone was just built and boxed up.

5. tekjunkie macrumors 6502

As for the buzz sound every single one I've seen has it.

6. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

2018. The next phone is the iPhone 7s ;-)

7. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Probably sometime in the spring or summer of 2018. I'm not sure how many months ahead of the launch they start.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---
    That seems too early. If it is released, as one would expect from past launches, in August or September 2018, then a few months before, yes, but a whole year? I don't think they need to start a whole year before launching.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

9. pr0230 thread starter Suspended

Thanks... I was not sure how much lead time apple.would need to build SO many phones... And. What. The lowest week build number would be...

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

Exactly. People are going to be sorely disappointed expecting an iPhone 8 in 2017.

11. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Given the myriad of issues that are cropping up with iPhone 7, Apple may choose to release the next model early.

12. Freakonomics101 macrumors 68000

Freakonomics101

Some people think next year's model will be the 7s and others think it'll be the 8. I think it'll be the 7s. They've never skipped the S series, so I don't see them starting that now.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Assembly probably starts in July.

Components are probably already in development and being made.

14. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

They've also never used the same industrial design for three years in a row. Personally I believe this was because it was a stop-gap for the 8 in 2017. Only 10.5 months to go! :)

15. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

They've never retained the same form factor in a non-S series either so they've already broken history in this respect.

The aforementioned MR iPhone 8 rumor roundup suggests that the redesigned 2017 iPhone might be released alongside updated 7s and 7s+.

16. blaine07 macrumors 68000

If they plan on NOT having a launch as disastrous as this years they better have already started

17. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

How is that different from any other launch? Every Apple launch is constrained, that doesn't make it disastrous. The Apple Watch, the iPhone 7 and SE, the iPad Pro, Apple Pencil were all constrained. Anyone that knows Apple launches, understands they're underestimated and swamped with orders.

18. blaine07 macrumors 68000

If every launch is constrained and swamped why don't they do something to better the situation?

Edit: being constrained and swamped doesn't mean it's a good business practice

19. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

This launch was the first ever* to have a model (Jet Black Plus) unavailable on launch day. In this sense, it is not comparable to other iPhone launches, was worse, and is arguably a disaster.

*Barring the white iPhone 4 which was a different kettle of fish.

20. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

What myriad of issues? Most of your so called issues are typical with every single other phone. At least they do not blow up like a certain Korean phone that was rushed through
    Supposedly the new design was unable to be ready this year due to supplier issues. Like the screen and wireless charging for instance

21. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

iPhone devotees that compare their iPhone 7's to faulty batteries must derive some intrinsic relief.

Just another reason I didn't buy a hissing iPhone 7.

22. Relentless Power, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

With the constrained Jet Black color on launch day, also was greatly affected with the Apple upgrade Program, which Apple short sighted.

And also, the Jet Black color was wildly popular, which was expected and I think it's fairly obvious to say anyone saw this coming. So, it's not a fair comparison or comparable.
    Nobody said constrained and swamped is considered a "Business practice." It is what is.

And no one can answer your first question on 'Why don't they do something to better the situation." Why don't you contact Apple and express your concerns directly.

23. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

My iPhone 7 is like every single iPhone I have ever owned perfect. It wasn't faulty batteries that caused the piece of Korean **** to explode otherwise it would have been fixed by the replacements. It wasn't. It also was rushed through when it clearly wasn't ready.

24. Booji macrumors 6502a

Booji

This one one of the best reviews I've seen on the JB issue...

25. blaine07 macrumors 68000

Maybe we can just agree this launch was worse/more poorly planned than even their poor launches in history.