General When will iOS 6 untethered by available?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Haruhi, Sep 30, 2012.

1. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

2. Haruhi thread starter macrumors regular

Fair enough.

3. DemonsMaster macrumors newbie

For old bootrom 3GS - any day now. For every other device - who knows.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

What makes you say that?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The old bootrom 3GS is forever jb untethered.
    Just gotta update the jb program to recognize the new firmware.

6. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

7. Maverik3 macrumors 6502

8. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

This response is as unfounded as saying it'll be available tomorrow.

Just because the glass isn't half full does not mean there's nothing in it, nor does it mean it's full of anything. To say the jailbreak is coming tomorrow, or "months if ever" is completely without any basis whatsoever.

The bottom line is nobody knows, so asking when it'll be available is a guess. It COULD come tomorrow, it could come in a month, it could be six months, and yeah, it could be never. But there's no evidence to point in any timeframe at this point.

(Yeah, we've all seen the screen shots, that's not evidence of imminent release, nor does it say it'll be a long time or never).

Best way is to prepare for never. If you assume you'll never have a jailbreak, you'll always be pleasantly surprised if\when it does come out ;-)

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I can guarantee it won't come tomorrow

10. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

If I were a betting man I'd bet on the same side as you on that sentiment. ;-)

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

We COULD have this exact topic started in a new thread in about 20 minutes. And if I were a betting man I'd take that bet!

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

why dont the mods make a sticky

13. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

I miss my jailbreak apps. I saw "iOS 6 - Untethered Jailbreaks" or something online, but "untethered" was referring to iOS 5. I jumped the gun and went to iOS 6 without checking further. I don't want to jailbreak until the jailbreaking process becomes easy and stable and the jailbreak apps friendly towards iOS 6. So it kinda sucks that I jumped to iOS 6 because I lost jailbreak functionality, and iOS 6 didn't bring that much to my iPhone 4 besides Do Not Disturb.

14. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I always feel the same way whenever a new firmware or jailbreak comes out but it's a useless exercise. People would rather just start a new thread and get one on one "support" because thats easier for them. They don't want to search, read, or watch tutorials. They'd rather just post their problem. If 12 minutes goes by without a response they bump their thread. For a long time now we've had a sticky for a step by step guide on how to restore your iPhone. But look at how many threads we currently have in the top 20 regarding restores! The mods could sticky threads all day and impatient people will still skip all that and start new threads. Oh well. I still love macrumors. It has helped me out so much over the years.

15. Che Castro macrumors 603

how about a sticky thread with just news ios 6 jailbreak news

a closed thread , with updates by mods

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

What was it you posted earlier:

Here we go again !

Classic :D

17. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

from twitter:
    "pod2g
    ‏@pod2g

To be clear : there's no iOS 6 jailbreak ready. It's going to take weeks or months to have one. Please stop asking me about it… :/"

Well going on @pod2g it is going to be months, with the Maps issue we'll likely be seeing some updates on 6.0, so there is also a chance that 6.0 won't be jailbroken maybe 6.01 or 6.1

I looked through pod2g presentation slides, they have some leads, but at present the @chpwn JB is classified as a "failbreak", which is only useful for the Dev's to research other possibilities.

Nobody knows at this point, but the months is unfortunately not unfounded.

18. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

It's as unfounded as any date. You're assuming the worst, which is just as bad as someone assuming the best. I tend to side with you on assuming the worst, so anything better than nothing is a pleasant surprise.

Bottom line, Apple added many of the things we all jailbreak for. I know there is a subset of the community that jailbreaks for the pirated apps, and for those of you, deal with it and support the app developers!

For the rest of us, enjoy the amazing new phone, when a JB comes it'll come, and we'll enjoy it at that point when the time comes. :)

19. Adutrumque macrumors 65816

Adutrumque

It must be a quite mystery to get that shi44t working.

I mean, theyre spending months on this - and what - its a bunch of codes and creepholes?

20. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

not assuming, but deducing out of past jailbreaks, with a new firmware and now new hardware as well it always takes longer, so when one of the leading Dev's says weeks or months it's not going to be tomorrow and we are in for a wait.

If i were to say 24th december or tomorrow that would be assuming, but months is not defined, could be 2 or an infinitive amount of months.

assume
    1. (may take a clause as object) to take for granted; accept without proof;

deduce
    1. To reach (a conclusion) by reasoning.

21. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Very telling from pod2g. I suggest don't be a fool and upgrade your older phones to iOS6 if you use a Jailbreak. In all honestly, I can see no real reason to update an older phone to iOS6 regardless. Maps is a dud (for the foreseeable future) and everything else is small potatoes. If you JB, you lose far more than you gain.

22. shayansalehi, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  23. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Yea, I wish I could use my iPhone 5 on iOS 5 with a jailbreak.

24. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Now that I am using my S3, when I rooted and installed a custom rom it reminded me of the first days of jailbreaking. Running all kinds of commands in terminal... LOL. Rooting is so much more of a pain. Yes, the wonderful days of tethering on the edge network. Good times.