When will iWork '11 be released?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HuggyLowDown, Oct 30, 2010.

1. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

Anybody have an idea of When iWork '11 will be announced? Is apple even planning one? I think if they update iLife they should also update iWork. No? And also Office for Mac '11 was also just released.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

No. Different development schedules. Plus, as a company, you don't release two major updates simultaneously. Generates way too much strain on your support folks.

4. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

The new box set of iLife 11, snow leopard and iWork 09 does not suggest a release any time soon.

Would apple transfer personell from os x iWork to iPad iWork or would they have two teams? Perhaps iPad app development has led to stalled iWork development and half-hearted iLife? If so, why can't they just employ more people? I gather there some spare funds about.

5. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I'm wondering if they'll be released as individual downloads on the Mac App Store in January.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

To be fair, they have often released the iLife and iWork suites simultaneously, but given that the public reasoning for pulling out of the MacWorld conferences was to take the pressure off of the software releases having to be all at that time (and thus all together), I'm not surprised to see them separating the releases.

I do see it likely that they would release iWork '11 around the time the Mac App Store launches.

jW

7. Tec972 macrumors member

OMG, I hope they put more work into iWork than they did iLife. I am still disappointed with the new release of iLife. Hope they can tear all the engineers they've diverted to the mobile theater back to mac software.

That latest release of iLife must have taken them less than two months for all the GREAT features they did. :mad: It mostly went untouched and they just ported some features of Logic to garage band.

8. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

That's my guess, too. Look at the web pages about the Mac App Store & you see the individual iWork apps listed.