When will Macbook Aluminum Rev B come out & what will be different?speculation wanted

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macjkj, Feb 17, 2009.

  1. macjkj macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    #1
    Thinking about the macbook aluminum, but if in 3 months rev b will be out and have snow leopard and pretty decent other upgrades then I'll wait.


    What kinda upgrades or fixes do you think will be on rev B?

    How long is the wait?
     
  2. claimed4all macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2008
    #2
    It will be out someday and nobody knows what will be new.

    The rule of thumb is
    If you need a computer today, buy today, if you do not need a computer today, buy when you do need it.
     
  3. Spock macrumors 68000

    Spock

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2002
    Location:
    Vulcan
    #3
    Let the rev.b unibody threads begin, Apple will not be updating this in a while. Its not very old at all.
     
  4. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2006
    #4
    why do we need to speculate? you read the same websites as us.
     
  5. RogueVasion macrumors regular

    RogueVasion

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Location:
    MA/CT
    #5
    There aren't that many gripes with the Aluminum Macbook. They just put a lot of nice hardware advancements in it. I wouldn't be expecting much out of it...

    Their last line up of Core 2 Duo Macbooks and Macbook Pros lasted nearly a year and a half before they got the Unibody enclosures.

    Technically, the Unibodies are in mid cycle. Another 2 1/2 months before you hear something in it. It doesn't guarantee much, maybe anti-glare screens like the 17"?

    But like they said, if you need it, get it now. But if you don't need it right away, hold off until WWDC, you never know, maybe something will emerge...
     
  6. TheScavenger macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2007
    Location:
    Kansas City, MO
    #6
    I don't think Snow Leopard is supposed to come out until June of '09. So it will be some time after that.

    Personally I would hold of until Apple puts a 32nm mobile Nehalem chip in there. Look for it some time at the very end of this year or early next year possibly.
     
  7. rust.puppet macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Location:
    Ashtabula, OH
    #7
    i wouldnt hold my breath, only because we've had our fill of macbook updates and we still have to hear about the imac, mini and pro models [[ possibly iphone and apple tv ]]


    if anything im sure it will be december or after with the newer nvidia cards.
     
  8. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2008
    #8
    I don't think the rev b will have much, perhaps some minor improvements in the manufacturing process to ensure keys are aligned and other quality control things, but nothing that is earth shattering.

    Of course, I'd like to see an improved chipset and such, but I rather see Apple update the iMac, Mac Pro, and especially the Mini which has been languishing for a while now.
     
  9. fibrizo macrumors 6502

    fibrizo

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2009
    #9
    Heh, maybe they'll have non removable batteries too.
     
  10. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

    Patriks7

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2008
    #10
    Only difference will be a minor spec bump (maybe 4 gig RAM standard on the 2.4, maybe a bit faster processors, which at most would be like 2.1 and 2.5 or something..)
    So in other words, nothing ground breaking.
     
  11. domcole macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 17, 2008
    #11
    There may be a few added extras on Snow Leopard but lets face it, it's unlikely there will be any changes cosmetically wise when it's a year old.
     
  12. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

    PracticalMac

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2009
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #12
    Apple said a few weeks back they will be adding more FW 800 equipped products.

    Maybe Rev B will have 800! :D
     
  13. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

    acfusion29

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto
    #13
    The chances of that are highly unlikely since USB 3.0 is coming out soon and Apple will probably add that in (not the next revision, but the next next probably) the newer MacBook's over Firewire.
     
  14. kabunaru Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    #14
    I guess May when the new Aluminium MacBooks come out.
     
  15. TheScavenger macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2007
    Location:
    Kansas City, MO
    #15
    There is a new firewire revision coming out that supports 1,600Mb/s and 3,200Mb/s transfer speeds. I am hoping the MacBook will have both USB 3.0 and the new firewire.
     
  16. aluminumapple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2009
    #16
    guys.. its honestly going to be atLeast 1 year before rev.b comes out.
    do you honestly think their going to come out with a new notebook design after only about 6 months after their Latest notebook came out?
    and even if they do honestly the upgrades arent gonna be too big.. its like comparing ipod touch 2nd gen to iphone 1st gen.
     
  17. kabunaru Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    #17
    Not a new design but better processors, bigger hard drive capacity, etc.
     
  18. aluminumapple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2009
    #18
    than honestly not too much.
    if you get the 2.4 your only really looking at about another $150 for a new 7200rpm 500gb which will probably be better than what apple will offer.
     
  19. kabunaru Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    #19
    Are you forgetting Nehalem and how much improvement it will bring? ;)
     
  20. iParis macrumors 68040

    iParis

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    New Mexico
    #20
    There won't be a rev b unibody MacBook for awhile.
    Although, I can still do some predictions on upgrade.
    Upgrade in processor, 2.53 for high end.
    250GB HDD in low end, 320GB HDD in high end. If that doesn't happen, then the hard drives may be available in 7200RPM,
    There most likely won't be a graphics card upgrade.
    The only thing thing I can predict if the white MacBook gets a little upgrade with the unibody's is that it may have a 160GB HDD or the drive may be available at 7200RPM, maybe a processor upgrade.
     
  21. aluminumapple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2009
    #21
    lol do you Honestly think apple will put i7 ?

    if you can see the timeline in how long apple took to just put Intel Core than a Duo your honestly mistaken.
    if you can find me a Actual Factual Official link to the new rev b. specs i do not stand corrected.
     
  22. kabunaru Guest

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2008
    #22
    What are you talking about? Apple had put in Core Duos in the first Intel Macs. The only Intel Mac with Core Solo was the Mac Mini.

    As for i7, they will appear in a Mac sooner or later.
     
  23. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #23
    That most likely will not come until the update after the next one (≈ early 2010).
     
  24. aluminumapple macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2009
    #24
    bad wording i meant intel core duo's and intel core 2 duo.

    and like i've said i see no actual evidence that apple has represented a preview spec of the rev.b . the current spec that is going around is a presumption and a GUESS.
     
  25. RogueVasion macrumors regular

    RogueVasion

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Location:
    MA/CT
    #25
    I don't see that happening...

    If they do that, it will be nearly similar to the Pros. The Macbooks are a great deal now, with what it has to offer. I think adding that would shorten the gap in product differences.

    And USB 3.0 is on its way; probably won't make it to these Macbooks, but the future sees them coming. :)
     

Share This Page