When will new iPads be available in Apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Acorn, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

When will stores have this new hardware. I tried to get it to pull up a store to see an arriving date but it doesn't seem to let you choose a store option to even see when apple stores will get them.

2. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

"Middle of next week" is what they told me. They don't know for sure: they'll arrive when they arrive.

3. va1984 macrumors regular

Depends where you are. My guess is that in NYC there'll be some the day after tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

From my understanding, some stores will have them on display starting on Tuesday.

5. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

Just left Apple Store. They didn't even have the new iMacs which are already shipping. They said they usually get new things a few days after the announcement, so this week or next week.

It was a little dirty how they're not even advertising the new things in store. If you look at the iMac or iPad station they show the older models pricing info on the screens.

6. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

a lot of times, the regular Apple Store employee have no idea, even when the products are already sitting on the shelf in the backroom.

I remember it was iPad mini 3, or 4, the product released with a newer version of iOS, so the product will have to wait for that iOS build to be release. on the day of release, I called the stores, the person answered the phone told me "no, it's not available yet". but after I told him to check on the shelf on the back, he answered back "yes, we have them".

7. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

8. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

LOL, dirty? Why would want them to display demos that they don't have any in stock.

Besides, it's likely that they simply haven't received any new models, demos or stock for sale. So you want them to clear their tables with nothing on display?

9. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

It's not about having the old ones on display, but it's about selling something different in store than they're selling online. There's not even any indication that these are old versions.

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I have a delivery date of June 13 for my 10.5 iPad Pro from AT&T.

11. Xenden macrumors regular

Ditto, I have a 10.5 & 12.9 coming from Apple with the 13th as the quoted date.

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Nice! I loved my 12.9 but found that is was just a bit oversized for the way I use the iPad throughout the day as I am away from home quite a bit with it. It never seemed to like airline seat-trays as much as the smaller iPads and was a bit cumbersome to type on while holding it unless i split the keyboard which was awkward for m.

I am curious, though. I never saw the 10.5 with a delivery date if ordered from Apple sooner than the 14th. Now ALL iPPs are slated for a June 16th delivery.

I wonder if this just signifies the typical high demand of launch products or a more realistic delivery date?

Hope for the high demand reasoning.

13. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

For the first quite a few hours after the store re-opened the delivery date is 13th. And now it's only been pushed back for 3 days means the supply isn't constrained.

14. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I've looked each day since the announcement and the delivery date for the 10.5 256gb gray is always 8 days after the current date. I think it's just a processing + handling + shipping time = 8 days equation and not a limitation of stock.

15. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

Weird thing I just noticed - Most of the Cellular models actually have a delivery date earlier than the Wi-Fi only models. Shouldn't it be easier/quicker to get a Wi-Fi only model as less components needed, etc?

16. gadgets.loco macrumors member

Could be that there is more demand on the wifi only model since it is cheaper

17. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

Possibly, but they could prioritise some more Wi-Fi chips planned for the Cellular models to be used for the Wi-Fi only model if they wanted to in order to fufill the extra Wi-Fi only sales and keep delivery times down.

Either way, the delivery dates aren't horrible yet (for once!)

18. Xenden macrumors regular

I can't imagine that the amount of cellular iPads is more than 10%-15% of iPad sales at most; but hey, maybe i'm wrong.

Yeah, both my iPad orders are cellular and they are marked for the June 13th.

19. Closingracer macrumors 68030

I've never had any issue ordering iPads whenever I wanted. I just pre ordered mine from bestbuy because A) store pickup and B) $25 dollar gift card. Also anti virus I could use on my windows laptop once my current sub ends.

20. Gzmikeo macrumors newbie

Gzmikeo

Just seen that John Lewis says they will have new iPads available to order from 8 pm 11 June , pickup on 13th

21. spook macrumors regular

22. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Anyone have been to an Apple Store / Best Buy today?
    Do they have it in stock?

23. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I was at the Apple Store at closing last night. Here was my infuriating conversation:

Me- do you guys have the new iPads to look at or buy yet?
    Apple- nope.
    Me- any idea when you might be getting them in? Monday? Tuesday?
    Apple- yeah probably by then
    Me- oh, you don't know?
    Apple- well we don't have them today and putting them out on the floor isn't on our close down list for tonight so we won't have them tomorrow either. These releases usually don't happen on weekend days so probably Monday or Tuesday. If you check back mid next week, they'll probably be here to look at. <shrug>

24. ralphdaily macrumors regular

Birmingham, AL Apple Store said Wednesday June 14 on floor

25. va1984 macrumors regular