iPad when will the crashes end ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Nov 7, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

So was doing a review for my iPad and safari crashes, I can do this by opening 3 tabs and on the fourth one pick the apple website and boom crash lol

Ton of other apps have force closed on me. Not enjoying my air at all :/

2. mrdm macrumors regular

Was just playing a game and my new air did a spontaneous, complete reboot.

Found a new low memory warning in the log once it was back up.

This is after safari restarted several times today. I hope Apple sorts out these reliability/stability problems quickly. Yes, I am sending logs to Apple and encourage everyone to do the same....

3. bobright macrumors 601

4. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

Was the same on the 5s up until 7.0.3, give it a week or two, 7.0.4 will fix the majority of the niggles, just gotta be a bit patient :)

5. ChiTownChe macrumors newbie

There is no guarantee that 7.03 will fix the crashes, and patience is something many cannot afford as they will be outside their return window.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Complain all you want but it will take some time to get it fixed. Overall I love iOS7 so I will put up with a glitch or two!

Just not that big of a deal in my everyday life!

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I just tried this and it doesn't crash for me. :confused: Are the first three tabs empty? Mine have Google open (my default page).

8. ChiTownChe macrumors newbie

Good for you Lucy. Unfortunately for others it is a VERY big deal, especially for what many have paid for their new iPad.

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I never have less than five safari tabs open but I have crashed 3 times over the last week with heavy use. I think it is partly the complete OS rewrite. The bulk of the blame I attribute to terrible javascript that was written by developers who dont know how to write javascript.

10. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

my first Air crashed twice in an hour and advice from posters on this forum was to return it just in case there was hardware issue.
    I replaced it and the new machine crashed once within the first hour of using it. That pretty much suggested to me that it was an iOS issue and so I have lived with it. Suffice to say that it hasn't crashed since. I am sure that Apple are on the case and the number of crashes will diminish with the next release.

11. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

OK Chichi,

It may be a big deal for many but I can live with it till they get it fixed. It is not going to ruin my day like it has yours!:p

12. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Perhaps they should return their iPads.

13. ZipZap macrumors 601

Apple should be following the lead of the healthcare website....

Fix Releases every damn day.

Its not like Apple can really test their changes anyway...that's what we are for, right?

How many developer releases did apple have for IOS7? Lotta good that did...still loaded with issues.

...so Apple just get stuff out there daily and make us feel like you are moving forward.

14. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Really? :p

15. slwiser macrumors member

My issues are not what I would call crashes but app shutdowns that auto-restart mostly. Not really a big deal for me since I am not in a production mode but the shutdowns are troubling.

16. frogger2020 macrumors regular

If it is that distressing that you can't wait for a fix, the put down the iPad and return it. This is the risk of being an early adopter. Next time wait a few months before buying anything new so that the issues can be ironed out.

----------

Please tell that you didn't just suggest that Apple be like some government run entity....

17. blco02 macrumors member

No, that's the LAST thing they should do.

18. threelions macrumors regular

Never had a crash or reboot on my 1 or 4 had three in a few days with the Air, kinda worrying.

19. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Mut say mine has been pretty shoddy too. All I have to do is load one tab with a media heavy site, scroll down quickly and BOOM! safari crashes. I do love pretty much everything about my 5s, Air and iOS7 but the crashing is constant and becoming a bore. Bring on the updates.

20. wpalomine macrumors member

Mine restarted twice last night, switching apps via 4 finger swipe and 5 finger pinch/expand to show the springboard.

Other times have been on apps and games. However I don't remember any restarts while using safari.

21. shadow puppet macrumors 6502

shadow puppet

Man, I really feel for all of you having this problem. My Air came with 7.0.3 installed and I haven't yet experienced this. I haven't tried beyond 4 Safari tabs open but so far, no crashes. It seems bizarre that some are experiencing this phenomenon and some are not.

22. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

My guess would be around the time the iPad6 w/2Gigs of RAM is released.

23. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

It is bizzare - but that seems to be how it goes for every device: My battery sucks, mine is awesome, my iPad crashes, mine never does, my Screen has a pink tint, mine is perfect, etc, etc. This is making my head spin. Thread after thread of these draconian, deal-killer problems. But they only seem to happen to every 17th user. Or something. Bleh? :confused:

I swear, I keep looking at my screen and messing with Safari so I can "play too" with all these problems. But, I never have them happen to me. Did I get lucky? Is the QC really that random? Why arent severe crashes memory explosions headline news then? Why does none of this happen to reviewers when they review the things? Why? Why? How?

24. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Safari has never crashed for me, but pandora randomly shut down the other day while I was listening... That's about it...

25. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

merrickdrfc

We'll yes, that is true, but it's a pretty safe bet that Apple are working on fixes for the majority of bugs that exist on the Air in 7.0.3. Early adopters usually get faced with the most issues, as no tech company releases a product that is absolutely bug free. Give Apple a bit of time and it'll get sorted, report the bugs, if people are that perplexed by the issues then return it now and buy another in another month or two when everything will have been ironed out. Early adopters are the guinea pigs.

IMO, after a week of use, while there are some pretty evident issues, there's nothing show-stopping that would make me want to return the device. Annoying, yes. Unusable, no