When will there be Philippine Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ellaimac, May 24, 2012.

1. ellaimac macrumors regular

The only "Apple Store"s we have here are resellers "Futureworld" and "Power Mac Center" When will there be an actual Apple Store here?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

???
    But, wouldn't you need a boat or a plane to get to it?

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Great idea. Put it on a boat, and have scheduled ports of call dates. :rolleyes:

4. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Yes because bridges were never invented.

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

You have a rather far-fetched idea of how much water can be bridged. :mad:

Attached Files:

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm pretty sure there are cities in the Philippines, not everyone there lives on their own individual island. That said, I doubt there will be an official apple store there anytime soon. I would guess they will continue to focus on expanding in China and more in Europe before they move to smaller markets like the Philippines.

7. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

It would most likely be built in Manilla if anywhere, which the majority of filipinos have access to without flight or boat (and in which is the most densely populated city not only in the Philippines; but also, in the world).

FYI, bridges can go beyond 150km, which would certainly span the majority of intermediate bodies of water between islands, let alone the possibility of utilizing smaller islands that aren't necessarily marked in such a distant map as the one you provided.

I do agree with the poster above me, that as popular as Apple is in the Philippines (in terms of brand awareness), there are much more profitable countries to first build stores in.

//Experience: Been to the PI twice

8. ellaimac thread starter macrumors regular

9. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Just because there are a million islands, what is to stop them from taking home their new MacBook on a boat? :roll eyes:

Unless you're worried about the oceans being littered with those nifty bags from the Apple store or something ;)

Kidding aside... I don't think this is a market Apple will enter soon, but we never know.

10. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to get out more or at least purchase a geography book, unless you were joking, of course. Ever hear of Manila?

11. Gregg2 macrumors 603

You're quite correct, as far as you go. But, I notice the use of the plural form of "city". As we don't know where the OP lives, we wouldn't know if a store in Manila, for example, would be on the OP's island, now would we? I was merely playing the odds. Chances are only one store would be opened there initially, and they might pin the map up on the wall and throw a dart at it to pick the location.

Well, yeah, I was joking a bit. But, logic needs to be applied as well. See above.

12. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

Yes there are thousands of islands but really when people talk about The Philippines, it's about the main island Luzon where Manila is at. And really, that is the only place that makes sense for an Apple store.

I spent almost a year and a half jetting around Asia (work related) and spent about three months in The Philippines. Lots of English speakers, friendly people and a bustling city...I could see an Apple store there. It would, however, be aimed more towards int'l tourists and the richer population.

13. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

I think it would make sense to open one in Cebu as well. Ever been to Cebu? There are cuter girls there than in Manila ;) Whenever somebody mentions Manila, all I can think of Smokey Mountain and all the car pollution even though it doesn't do the city much justice. An Apple store would probably be robbed many times a day if they kept it in Manila.

14. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That's not what I think of when somebody mentions Manila. :) I'll just leave it at that.

15. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

When somebody mentions "Manila", I think of these:
    [​IMG]

:eek:

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So you think of envelopes too? ;)

And it's quite obvious that if Apple were to put an Apple Store in the Phillippines, it would be in Manila. The OP simply asked when there would be an Apple store in the Phillippines, not where he lives.

17. Gregg2 macrumors 603

We don't know.

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

OK, so you didn't like the floating Apple store.

How about one on a 747? Apple has the money to make that happen.

:D

19. cmvailoces macrumors newbie

Apple Store had been here since July 2005 ;)

My MBP is dead, and so I am looking for some alternative fixes available in Cebu aside from iStore. Then I bumped with this thread.... Hahah you guys are soooo funny and so carried away by your knowledge about PI. Yes, there is Apple Store here(Cebu) since 2005 in BTC (Banilad Town Centre). My school had Power Mac G4 cubes way back in 2000 at the university and its school FM station. After all PI is not 100% jungle! We have bridges, planes, and boats too...but you can take horse-drawn carriage if you want to go to the fish market. We have Starbucks, Yellowcab, 7Eleven, Krispy Kreme, TGIF,Forever21 and hundreds of McDonald's - do they sound familiar? If you are in PI and don't know these, you must be in the wrong island - which one from 7,100? Heheheh

Anyway, I took my dead baby to iStore a while ago. Take a look at *****istore.ph and yes, we have a "genius bar" too! We don't have the flooring similar to Florence's sidewalks though but its cool and delivers the same iStore services/experience. ;)

20. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

I'm now craving those... I hate you... lol.