when will Verizon offer unlimited throttled data like T-mobile ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, May 13, 2016.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I only have 250MB and it's ridiculous for 2016.
    To have to worry about going over the limit.
    I think they should offer 1GB LTE PLUS unlimited 2G data as the cheapest plan.
    PLEASE VERIZON...Make it happen. You will make millions happy.
    It's not fair how websites are growing in size and the data they offer is terrible.

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

That will never happen. Verizon is way to high up in their own rear end to offer such perk. They'd say "if you want that, go to T-Mobile."

3. DBZmusicboy01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

They are the worst then when it comes to customer loyalty. Hopefully Apple isn't becoming like them. It seems that Apple is doing the same with their greed.

4. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

Or at least make overage charges cheaper. But I doubt they'll even do that. Verizon thinks they're still king with coverage. But they have to remember AT&T is queen.

5. Closingracer, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016

Closingracer macrumors 68000

Never..... They don't have to . It's ridiculous you don't want to pay for more data ? That or you won't switch

6. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I don't see Verizon doing anything like that for a long time, if ever. Verizon is basically like Apple. If you want what company B is offering...then VZW will simply tell you to go company B.

I love VZW. The coverage is awesome and the LTE speeds are amazing but VZW is arrogant as hell. The only company that surpasses them in the arrogance department is Apple

7. I7guy macrumors G5

Isn't that the way all businesses operate? I find the notion of arrogance in a company amusing; a word with negative connotation describing a company with superior products, services and revenues. Considering you have the services of both companies seems like a basic disconnect.

8. rockitdog Suspended

Why not just get a 3GB plan, why stay on a 250MB plan?

9. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

I don't foresee Verizon doing anything of the sort.

I agree that 250MB is paltry for today's Internet. It's probably going to be necessary for you to either look at higher data options with Verizon or switch to another carrier.

10. mlody macrumors 6502a

I do not understand your point. If 250MB is so ridiculous for you, just get a bigger plan and move on with your life.

11. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

The time he's wasted complaining on message boards could have instead been spent on searching for a job to pay for the amount of data he wants. :)

12. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

Why the hell do you only have a 250MB plan?? Verizon has 3GB of LTE data for $45/mo and 6GB of data for $60/mo. If you are that cheap that you don't want to upgrade to a 3GB $45 plan, you should probably not have an iPhone.

13. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

Or he can get a job that earns him $45 a month.

14. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

How much does this 250MB plan cost? How old is this plan? I'm willing to bet that current plans cost roughly the same or maybe slightly more for a ton more data.

15. imlynxy macrumors 65816

Only after Att gives us better international roaming rates. And this is never happens. I think faster T-mo gets better network or Sprint applies for bankruptcy :)

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

They charge what they charge for a reason. They obviously offer some unique service or product that people still use them when there are 'cheaper' alternatives in the market.

17. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

Verizon is arrogant in a sense that they feel that they are top dog and can do whatever they want. They're not hurting for customers, hence why I said they'd just tell the "I want what company b is offering" customer to go to company b. A company like T-Mobile can't do things like that. Now T-Mobile does seem to be like a hell of a lot more than Verizon is tho.

Apple is similar to Verizon. They walk around like their **** don't stink. I never said having that arrogance was bad or even good. But it is reality. You have a company like Samsung that listened to their consumers and brought back the SD card slot and water resistant of their S line, instead of taking the Apple approach and telling the consumer what they want. I mean Apple is the same company that once said "you're holding it wrong" during the antennagate fiasco. If that's not arrogance, I don't know what is. It actually makes me laugh how companies like Apple and Verizon pull stuff like that

18. I7guy macrumors G5

Apple hit it out of the park with the 6s, if that is not listening to customers I don't know what is. Removing the Sd card in the s6 by your standards shows Samsung was as "arrogant" as Apple was.

I'm trying to understand your point of view, but I can't quite get what youre attempting to say; seems more like sour grapes for some reason.

19. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

They obviously can't afford it and would rather place the blame on Verizon. Transparency.

20. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Why are you assuming OP doesn't have a job, or that OP is old enough for a job? :/

21. Jack Neill macrumors member

Jack Neill

They are timing the announcement to coincide with Apple's event where it will be revealed that iOS is being retired and all new iPhones will run Windows 10 Mobile.

22. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Because it's always that easy ...

23. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

1) I can recognize the self-entitled whine of a millennial anywhere. They expect others to hand them things instead of taking responsibility for themselves.

2) I got my first job at 14, haven't been unemployed since, and at times took a second job, so i don't really care how old he is or if he already has a job. I'm sure he could figure a way to make (or an extra) $45 a month to get that which he so desperately wants.
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2016 ---
    Yes....it is that easy, unless you have the expectation that you shouldn't have to work for the things you want.

24. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Exactly!! Samsung has given customers what they wanted for the most part with the S7, they actually listened. THICKER phone for better battery, bring back SD card slot, bring back water resistance...

People have all been requesting the same of Apple for years but what do we get? The opposite. A thinner phone with a small battery. Pressure sensing gimmick. Marginally better camera that still has the garbage softening algorithm that makes for HORRIBLE bokeh depth of field effects, it's not a pleasant, smooth blur it's a blotchy water color painting. Still starts at 16GB.

Now, rumors for the iPhone 7 point toward EVEN THINNER DESIGN AND SMALLER BATTERY, TAKING AWAY THE HEADPHONE JACK, smart connector gimmick?? Same exact design pretty much, not much better screen, smaller iPhone has same amount of RAM and marginally better camera (have to get plus for that) and probably will still start at 16GB. Come. On. Apple, we don't want this. Until you start listening to your customers, your iPhones will be declining in sales just like they did with the 6S (even though they still sell well, just not as much as its predecessor)

Look at my quote just above this one, this is what we mean.
    Yeah most likely. But what we are wondering, it seems like only much older plans would have such a small cap at 250MB, probably at a similar price to today's plans. Wouldn't today's $45 3GB plan probably cost similarly to their (what I'm assuming) very old 250MB plan, plus they'd get more features such as tethering and such..

25. I7guy macrumors G5

I still don't get it. Apple sold multiple tens of millions of 6s's; who isn't getting what they want? A minority of Internet posters?