Where are my Illinois people???

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Chicago born. Granite City and Belleville, tri-city area too. Been a long time ago, though.

TheBonk

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2007
Chicago
Present.

From Mount Prospect also. It's not that bad of a town. :p What school do you go to, Vito? That name sounds so familiar. :p

Jschultz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2005
Chicago, IL
Nashville for me. Represent Southern Illinois. So boring.

:(
Nashville, TN, right? I love it there. BEAUTIFUL!

I'm stuck in Romeoville right now, which kind of sucks. My family comes from Bucktown/Logan Square but moved out when I was young. :confused: My prerogative is to get back in within 18 months. I can see how someone can hate the state, as there isn't much within 40 miles in any direction from Chicago. (imho).

emegmac

macrumors regular
May 19, 2007
Springfield my whole life until 2 years ago, now I live in Cupertino CA. Miss Illinois but I love Cali.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Nashville, TN, right? I love it there. BEAUTIFUL!

I'm stuck in Romeoville right now, which kind of sucks. My family comes from Bucktown/Logan Square but moved out when I was young. :confused: My prerogative is to get back in within 18 months. I can see how someone can hate the state, as there isn't much within 40 miles in any direction from Chicago. (imho).
Nope. Nashville, Illinois.

:(

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
There's a Nashville, IL? whoa. Well, at least you're sort of close to St. Louis, right?

Central & Southern Illinois give me the heeby jeeby's.
Yes, there is one. Google Earth it. 50 miles east of STL.

And why does it give you the heeby jeeby's? E. STL should for sure.

Jschultz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2005
Chicago, IL
Yes, there is one. Google Earth it. 50 miles east of STL.

And why does it give you the heeby jeeby's? E. STL should for sure.
The thought of vast nothingness that is called the 'great plains' creeps me out. Whenever I drive down I-57 to get to New Orleans, I sometimes forget I am in my home state of Illinois. I'm so used to urbanized life, that country life freaks me out. It's hard to imagine not being able to choose within 3-4 malls within 20 min. of each other. Or, living in a town of 5000. Creepy stuff!

gertruded

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
Northwestern Illinois
Polo is a town of 2000.

Our closest real mall is 45 miles away. (There is a small one 14 miles away with many shuttered storefronts.) The closest Apple store is 90 miles away.

We don't lock our cars when parked, or even our front doors. I don't know where our house keys are.

Our kids are safe on the streets.

Small town living is really great.:)

MacHipster

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago/London/Sydney
Polo is a town of 2000.

Our closest real mall is 45 miles away. (There is a small one 14 miles away with many shuttered storefronts.) The closest Apple store is 90 miles away.

We don't lock our cars when parked, or even our front doors. I don't know where our house keys are.

Our kids are safe on the streets.

Small town living is really great.:)
I agree. I've gotten tired of the city life.

smellslikedan

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2006
IL
Rockford, IL here.

I just got a call at work and the salesmen pronounced Illinois "Illi-Noise."

Don't you hate that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.